Today`s Georgia Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papaturner

Allow me to be the first to tell Robert and Robin that they did an outstanding job putting our meeting togather.

Robert did a great job on the Christmas ornament demo.

Followed my a fine job by Russell with a great demo on applying a CA finish.

We had a great turnout even some first timers.

Enjoyed seeing all of you and wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

I talked to my Dad, he said it was really good demos. Wish I coulda made it out, but it's a bit too far from West Ga. for me to have made it today with everything I had going on. BTW: Isn't it supposed to say THIS too shall pass? :)

BKelley

A great meeting. Good to see familar faces and welcome to the new faces. I am always amazed at the craftsmanship I encounter at these meetings. Robert did a outstanding job on the Christmas ornament demo. Thanks to all.

Ben

Russell Eaton

Thanks Robert for the demo. Thanks again for all you do for the local chapter. Thanks to Steve at Woodcraft for letting us use the classroom and lathes. Russell

G1Pens

As a first timer at the meeting, I was really impressed. The demos were top notch. Even if I am not ready to make an ornament, it still was very educational and stirred an interest in more than pens. The CA demo was helpful as well. I've watched numerous videos on you tube but seeing it done in person beats any video.

Everyone was friendly. Being somewhat of an introvert and skiddish around new people, I felt welcomed and a part of the group.

There were what seemed like hundreds of beautiful pens to look at. I got a lot of ideas for my future pens. I purchased a few blanks and laser inlays as well.

Thanks to everyone for making us newtimers feel welcome. Thanks to Robert and Russell for the demos. Thanks to everyone I talked to for offering information.

I can't wait until the next meeting. I am hoping to have pens to show next time.

Drstrangefart

When will the next meeting be? I want to plan to make it out to that one. I think I was there for a small one a few months ago when I was just getting really interested and Dad brought me up there.

leestoresund

Brooks803, the foreigner from Wagner SC, had some fine looking blanks.
3 hour trip for him. Good thing we only meet quarterly.
I think Rojo22 really appreciated the Woodchuck Pro.
Steve, thanks for thinking (and doing) that one for us.

Lee

Brooks803

Brooks803, the foreigner from Wagner SC, had some fine looking blanks.
3 hour trip for him. Good thing we only meet quarterly.
I think Rojo22 really appreciated the Woodchuck Pro.
Steve, thanks for thinking (and doing) that one for us.

Lee

Well worth the trip! Had alot of fun and it was great to meet everyone there. I hope to make it to the next meeting as well...atleast I'll have a couple months to stock up on blanks since yall bought almost all I had! Thanks to everyone for making this "foreigner" feel welcomed :handshake:

Fred

Glad to read that you all had a wonderful meeting. Welcome to all the 'newbies'.

Maybe one of the days I'll have enough health built up to make it to a meeting again. Strokes just plain take all the 'get up and go' out of people and it often hard to get around.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Everyone

I wanted to take a brief second to thank everyone in the Georgia Chapter. I will post a longer thread here, with pictures from the last meeting over the next few days. Work is pressing right now, so hang with me.

I also wanted to personally thank all of the individuals who donated and transported, and embellished the presentation tool. You guys are awesome!

More to come

Thanks

Robert

leestoresund

Tenth meeting

I know that I am getting a Beall Treen mandrel for Christmas.
I think that I can come up with a demo for it between now and March(?) if there is any interest.

Lee

Top Bottom