Second Meeting set for March 21st- Woodcraft in Atlanta

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I have scheduled a second meeting with the Woodcraft in Atlanta, for March 21st. It will again be an all day affair, from 9am till the store closes. The manager has very generously offered the classroom again. I know December 20th is not convenient for some folks, so our host has generously offered the classroom on the March 21st date as well. This prevents the Woodcraft from having a training class on a Saturday, so please thank our guest when you come see us for blocking this event out, and allowing us to use the facilities.

February 14th (VALENTINES DAY for those who aren't good with those sort of things), is also open for a meeting at the Woodcraft classroom for obvious reasons. If I get enough response that a February 14th meeting would garner enough participation, I can schedule a meeting for that day, as well. SPEAK UP IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO SCHEDULE FEBRUARY 14th as well.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Hey, that's far enough out that even I may be able to make it!

Is your wife coming? Not that I want to know.... just to keep my wife busy.... HONEST!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Yes, the wife will be there...funny, she asked if you were going to be there...LOL...just kidding. I think she may actually be turning that day. She is getting serious about turning her first pen, so by March, she should have a dozen or so under her belt....Children and Wives are certainly welcome!

Skye

Cool. I just need to make sure my wife can get out of there for a while, go shopping or something. She's not going to make it all day and we'll be there without the kids (4 hour drive) for the weekend, so last thing I need is a kid free, hotel room sleepin, weekend with the wife POed at me.

Fred

Seems like the good folk over with the Great Southeastern Pen Show will have quite a "gift" for someone that attends their Sunday show.

They have a :eek: $13,500 Visconti Fountain Pen :eek: up for grabs in their drawing and you must be present at the drawing to win.

"The pen is one of 188 world-wide and one of just 30 in the United States.

It is hand-painted using the "maki-e" process of lacquering with natural materials such as abalone, gold dust and jewels. The barrel is square to depict the four seasons. Each pen takes about six months to complete.

Total Office Products/Total Fine Writing convinced Dante DelVecchio, president of Visconti, to offer the pen as part of the Florence, Italy-based company's 20th anniversary."

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cobb/stories/2008/04/03/penshow_0403.html

BTW, the hotel is about 20 minutes or so away Woodcraft ... ROAD TRIP anyone?

doberman

I have scheduled a second meeting with the Woodcraft in Atlanta, for March 21st.

Meeting of what and how do I get invited and or become a member and what am I joining if I do become a member??

Dan the shredder man

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Meeting of what and how do I get invited and or become a member and what am I joining if I do become a member??

Dan the shredder man

Dan

The local Chapters are all extensions of the IAP as a whole. There are no requirements to get into the local Chapters, other than just showing up at the meetings and being a member of the IAP (which you already are). If you are in the Atlanta area, and can make it to the Woodcraft store on March 21st, then stop on by. We will post some additional details when it gets closer to the time of the meeting discussing the items that will be presented. We had a ton of fun at the inaugural meeting with over 30 folks showing up, and we had another 15 visitors, so come on down!

As for the pen show, there is a post specifically on when and where in the Southeast Forum. The event is not being held by the Southeast Chapter, but quite a few folks are interested to see what the new pen designs will look like from the big manufacturers. We also have some of the IAP folks that have a booth at the event selling pens, but I am not sure who will be there this year? It is being held at a Hotel not too far from the Woodcraft, and it is in Atlanta for that entire weekend (Fri, Sat, and Sunday). We will probably have some folks interested in going over to the pen show on both Saturday, and Sunday. If you havent been to the pen show, you should go just to check out what is commercially available.

Skye

Eh, I've got no need for a bajillion dollar pen... it would be be on Ebay faster than Pavarotti on a bucket of chicken.

Still looking like I'll be at the meet, keepin my fingers crossed. When I make the hotel reservation, I'll be happy.

Skye

I'll be reserving the hotel room tonight for that weekend. Some room with a big ol jacuzzi tub. Yeah man.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Aw shucks, for a Georgia boy, a "big ole" jaquzzi is nothing but a blow up swimming pool with a trolling motor in it....There should be enough room for a few of us......We'll even shave for ya...LOL....

I've seen you guys before, that's a definite "NO" lol

Skye

Shave? We'll need to hit some of you folks with a few rolls of duct tape.

Got a room reserved at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buckhead.

$150 a night for the spa suite but it's dang close to our anniversary, so I need to wine and dine the wife when the pen thing is over.

Steve Busey

Aw shucks, for a Georgia boy, a "big ole" jaquzzi is nothing but a blow up swimming pool with a trolling motor in it....

Or you could settle for a plain old pool...

redneck_pics_pool3.jpg

Anybody here play banjo? :rolleyes:

MorganGrafixx

Due to a scheduling conflict, I will not be able to make it out to the meeting. My son has an "Odyssey of the Mind" competition (academic team competition) on that day. I will most likely be at the Pen show on Sunday though.

Skye

I'm going to try to stop by the show as well on Sunday. This would be a good time to have some shirts with a big ol' IAP logo on it.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I am working on some shirts, but it wont probably be in time for this meeting...maybe next one, or by mail for some of the folks from out of town! I guess if I run around in my IAP turning smock, I would look like a real geek...LOL...or maybe even without the smock....LOL...

wrg813

I know I don't post much, but read alot. I live less than 5 miles from Woodcraft(after they moved, maybe a mile before they did). Looking foward to meeting everyone that shows up.

Will

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Second Meeting Notes:

We will start the meeting around 9:30am! There will be short introductions, and then everyone can move around and enjoy the gallery of completed pens, and horse trade for blanks, kits or what have you.

1. Things you would like to bring- something to trade for, be it a blank, a kit, an accessory or the like. Usually folks have some pretty cool stuff to trade or you can purchase. Usually everyone just likes to trade, but we did pass around a few dead presidents the last time.

2. Pictures, or even better, the completed pens that you have on hand. We love to look at other folks stuff. There will be plenty of counter space available for laying kits out, or just setting stuff out for everyone to see.

3. Bring a pen to put in the display case. These pens are on display for customers to see. We have special tent cards, and you can put a business card in as well if you want to sell stuff (plus it gets my junky stuff out of the cabinet!).

4. Some bucks to spend at our hosts store. It would be nice to pick up a few things from our host if you get a chance. They are great partners in the meetings, and once you see the facility, you will know why we want to stay there! Please introduce yourselves to the store staff, and dont be shy about buying some stuff!

5. Cameras! Like the forum guys say, no pictures, it didnt happen! I will post something shortly after the meeting and if folks email me, or better yet post the photos on the thread of the meeting, other groups can get to see our pretty mugs, and how much fun we had!

I look forward to seeing all of those folks from the last time, and those folks who have threatened to show up this time! Please sign in, and get a name badge on when you come into the room, and let the fun begin!

Thanks

Robert

mick

Robert I pm'd you but thought I post here to....I'm bring some basic stuff to cast with if you still want me to.

Top Bottom