Roll call for the 3-21 meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

twoofakind

Do we have an agenda for this meeting? I know we usually just show up and talk shop, which is fine with me, but just wondering if we need to bring anything.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Not that I've heard so far. I think there's going to be some trading and stuff, but we have access to their tools I would think, so we should defiantly turn something.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok, been looking at the list, and I know of probably another 10 - 20 folks that turn pens through clubs, or customers of Woodcraft that will be visiting with us on Saturday.

Question number one: Agenda......

After the first meeting, "We dont need no stinking agenda.....", no really, I dont have any presentations put together, and was hoping one of the "pour" people would do something on PR/Plastic/resin casting. I have seen Mick say he is coming, so I will pm him and see if he can do something on that front. So the agenda starts around 9:30 with introductions, 9:31am socializing, Noon break for Lunch, 1ish return to socialize....3:30pm start to head over to the Pen Show......I am open for any "organized" activity to take place any time during the day, all you have to do is let me know.

Question number two: Tools and stuff available to us....

We will have up to 8 Jet minis available for us to turn on. If you plan on turning a pen, please bring your turning tool(s) (insert joke here), and your pen turning blanks, bushings, and if you really want to turn, please bring a #2 MT mandrel with you. There will be limited access to a drill press for drililng, and I will bring a pen press if anyone needs it. PLEASE BRING SAFETY GLASSES AND FACESHIELDS AS WELL!!!!! We would like to impress upon our guests that we excercise the appropriate amount safety when turning.

I will be posting a follow up to this shortly on the original notice, on what you may or may not want to bring to the meeting!

Hope to see everyone there!

Steve Busey

Not a formal agenda request, but I got a request for a fountain pen the other day, which would be my first. If someone could show me a couple of types and filling technique, that would be great. Seeya!

Top Bottom