For the possible Greenville meet...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

I've got like.......... no spare time, but let me know if you want me to help out with the Greenville meet. My inlaws live in Greenville, I've been to the place a few times. It's on a VERY crowded and congested street, but there's not much we can do about that.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

On the plus side, it's very easy to find and plenty of parking in the rear. I'm going this weekend and probably next if you want me to talk to the owner. I have to deliver a pen to him (gloat).

Skye

I never even knew there was parking in the rear.

I know the pen stuff there is pretty thin pickin', but it should still house a decent meeting.

If we also try a Columbia SC area one, I highly suggest using that Woodzone. Very nice store there.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Sounds great to me! If you know the owner/manager let me know. The Atlanta store owner knows the folks over in Greenville, so will set things up through them if I need to. I would love to come over for the Columbia meeting one month!

Skye

I met the manager and his wife (in Columbia), but I can't recollect the names. I can easily get them for you though. Pat Harris would probably be our main contact there, he's got 15-18 people who show on average. Combine that with the IAP bunch and I'd say it would be a huge turn out. Turn out... get it...... ooooooooh yah.

Nice store, they've got a large shop, big enough to seat probably 30 people, they have lots of cut wood, probably 2 isles of just pen stuff, they also carry some PSI items. I got a bowl gouge for a little over $20 and have been using it. Cheap way to break into the bowl arena.

(I'm probably confusing the Greenville and Columbia event ideas.)

Jackosbo

Karl & Colleen Grafftte, WoodZone 2263 Sunset Blvd West Columbia 803-233-3764 www.woodzone.com

Excellent people, excellent store. They just started a pen turning club there...

Last edited:

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Guys, I set up the Carolina Penturners after checking with Ron of our Southeast Chapter because I new that we had a solid group established and they didn't want to drive to Atlanta for regualr meetings. I started the group at WoodZone in West Columbia back in November and had shared the Pen Club idea with Karl and Coleen of WoodZone and they were excited to host us as Palmetto Woodturners meet at MannTool just a few blocks away. We set the meeting up so that folks coming to Palmetto Woodtuners at 9AM on the 1st Saturdays from out of town would not have to come back on another day for the Pen Club that will meet at 1PM on the same day. Out of the orginal 12 of us in November, 9 were members of Palmetto Woodturners. Hope this helps explain who, where why.
ps: I would support attending a Southeast meeting in Greenville as well.

Pat

Top Bottom