Ninth Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok, don't say I did not give you enough advanced notice! LOL...

Our Ninth Chapter Meeting will be held at the Woodcraft on SATURDAY, DECEMBER 18th, 2010. It will be held from 10am ish to whenever we get tired of talking and showing pens!

I am wide open for demonstrations, suggestions for topics or events, so speak up!

Thanks

Robert

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok, it is time for the "Program Director" to get a few ideas for the meeting in December. Anyone out there have a burning desire to see a demonstration for a particular theme or technique?

If you have always wanted to do a demonstration in public, and have your opportunity to gain your heckled badge, please sign up today, we would love to have you demonstrate a particular theme or technique!

I see that Steve has a good idea on the holiday event. We could limit this to pens, or we could open it up and do holiday ornaments or other items as well.....let me know we can do a draw name kind of thing at the meeting and exchange items.....

Any other items for discussion, please let me know.

Thanks

Program Director

Steve Busey

Another idea - everyone come ready to tell about or quickly demonstrate a "best practice" technique that works for them.

And sure, the exchange idea can/should be expanded to pens, ornaments, bottle stoppers, etc, etc

U-Turn

I am a new member and novice to turning - would like to get with a group of folks interested in Pen and accessory Turning. Can I just come to this meeting on the 18th? Promise to keep my mouth shut and just listen - which is hard for me:)

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
WE ARE WIDE OPEN FOR DEMO IDEAS!!! WE ARE WIDE OPEN FOR DEMO IDEAS!!!!

If you have a demo idea, or you want to give one....lets hear it!!!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
If you have not noticed....THERE IS NO TOPIC FOR DISCUSSION YET!!!!

I am digging in deep here, do we have any suggestions....otherwise I will have to do a demo.....(I heard the whole crowd GROAN).....

I will offer a demo on hollowed Christmas tree ornaments.....but that aint pens.......

HELP!!! PLEASE SOMEONE VOLUNTEER FOR SOMETHING!!!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
LOL...I dont want to put people to sleep...but if we dont get anything else....Ornament it is....but dont let that slow someone down from volunteering!!!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
OK, so far we have a goofball doing a demo on Christmas Tree Ornaments.....and that is it....Anyone want to volunteer for another afternoon demo????

We will have a pen swap as well.....

I have been getting some email messages from several new people, so we look forward to having some new folks show up!

Any other suggestions for the meeting are well received!!!!!!

Steve Busey

Anyone want to volunteer for another afternoon demo????

All I can volunteer for is to leave early - have a concurrent church retreat meeting in Norcross at the same time, so will attend IAP in the morning, and bolt to Norcrosss for (the free) lunch. :biggrin:

Russell Eaton

I can do a CA finish if there is intrest. I would like a demo on one piece slimlines or cigar pens, I would like to learn NOT teach. That would be a 1 hour train wreck. Let me know. Russell

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok, sounds like we have Russell doing a CA demo in the afternoon and I will show everyone a quick way to make Christmas Tree Ornaments in the Morning, and if I perused correctly we had a volunteer for single bodies for Cigars and the like in the SPRING meeting!

I have recently been by the WoodCraft, and removed a majority of my junky pens from the display cube. I would be honored if you guys would replace my junk with some nice stuff that you do. I can brind name tags and the like so you will be famous! If you have stuff in there now that you would like to get out, let me know, I will have the keys for the cube this meeting!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Russell, Goofballs are way overestimating their abilities...LOL....

Yes, there will be a pen swap. Bring your extra blanks to trade, sell, or give away!!! We have some members who like to trade blanks when given the chance.

We look forward to seeing you all!

Atherton Pens

I'm looking forward to my first meeting! I'm so new to turning that anything and everything about pens will be interesting to me. I just finished my pen for the pen swap and hope my offering will be worthy!
See you guys on Saturday!

Top Bottom