News, Updates, and Ramblings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Southeast Chapter News/Updates and Ramblings:

Some very exciting news! I spoke to Steve Quehl, the owner of the Woodcraft in Atlanta, and he is going to offer all members of the Southeast Chapter a 10% discount at our next Chapter Meeting for items in the Woodcraft store. There will be some restrictions on the items, very similar to the birthday program discount. How exciting is that! A great facility to meet in, AND a 10% discount on the day of the meeting! We are very fortunate to have this kind of awesome support for our group. The second bit of exciting news is Steve has decided to offer the Majestic kits directly from PSI in the store. I visited yesterday, and there is a brand new display case with all of the Majestic finishes available AT THE STORE! These are the real Majestic kits from PSI, and it will be nice having a local source to go to, just in case we need kits. Steve has also brought in some very nice segmented blanks as well.

As promised, since we are the SOUTHEAST group, we are actively trying to get a chapter meeting set up over in the Birmingham Woodcraft store! Steve Quehl is our resource for the contact over at the Birmingham store, and we are actively trying to get a meeting scheduled BEFORE the March 21st meeting in Atlanta. I will post a thread asking the folks over in the Alabama area, when a good time to meet will be. For those from the Atlanta area, we will probably have a group of folks head over, so if you would like to attend the meeting in Birmingham, maybe we can get some ride share partners going. With that said, Steve is also going to get us in contact with the Greenville, SC store manager. We would like to have the Southeast Chapter Road Show appear in the Greenville, SC area sometime after the Atlanta March 21st meeting. I will post more on this potential meeting when I get more details!

I would like to schedule the third meeting for the Southeast Chapter here in Atlanta. I would like to know if the June timeframe works for the group. I need to go ahead and let the folks at Woodcraft know we would like to have the facilities available for us. They have been extremely gracious with the training/equipment/shop area, and I would like to get this scheduled as far in advance as possilbe. Please let me know if a June date is ok. The meeting of course would be held on a Saturday, from 10am till everyone gets tired of talking about pens (or the store closes!). Your feedback is important on this topic!

Happy Pen Turning!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papaturner

Robert, Thanks for the up-date and the good news. I will try to be at any meeting we have . At this point no preference as of June or July. I really can`t see that far anyway.:biggrin:

Thanks again,
Perry

Fred

Whatever plans you can make are fine for me as long as I am still on top of the good ole Earth I will do my best to get there.

I agree with you about Steve Q. He is a good man to get to know. Dave, Al, Phil, Larry, and all the rest of the staff are always a great deal of fun when in the store. And the new place is absolutely fantastic! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Skye

A meeting in Greenville would be shweeeet. My inlaws live in Greenville and I've been to the Woodcraft there a good number of times.

Top Bottom