Member list

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

I think it would be good if we had a member listing for the Georgia Chapter available here on the site somewhere. I'm a newbie and feel like I am in this for the long haul, so it would be good to be able to locate other people nearby. I have been to one meeting and met a couple people that I can remember names and associate back to here.

The Georgia chapter isn't even listed in the social groups. If that was set up and if the active members would associate their name to that group at least we could find each other there.

I'm sure those of you who have been at this a while know each other and this isn't an issue, but for someone like me, it would be nice.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Well, we could 'sign in' here as being from GA first. I don't think putting e-mail address here would be a good idea as the Forum has been 'harvested' before. But, if everyone would complete their PROFILE with contact information, I think that would be better yet. Then, if someone needs an address to ship tp or even a telephone number, they could make an email request to the individual member. :)

Fred Henderson - Tucker, GA - Profile Complete

papaturner

I`m another Georgian. I tried to keep a list of the Georgia folk when I first joined IAP. However I failed (just stopped writing them down):biggrin:
But I agree it would be nice to be aware of all those in Georgia.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I certainly dont want to appear to be cliqueish with the group. I have been associated with this group from the beginning and felt like we had done a pretty great job of not appearing cliqueish. There are a few of us who are embedded more deeply in the woodworking community as a whole, and keep in contact with each other on a casual basis, and we have some clubs that we are each a part of, but we certainly do not have any type of exclusive group. Most of us bump into each other at wood functions, stores or seminars, but certainly dont call each other every night asking how their day went. I think dissapointed is a strong word to use, but if that is how you feel about not having a contact sheet, we can certainly work on it if anyone wants to participate.

A contact method is something we can work on, and can start with the next meeting. It would be voluntary, and would NOT be made available online. Out of respect for some peoples privacy, we would not make this available publicly, except at the meetings. We would also ask that if you would like to participate, we can include your contact information, if you dont want to participate that is fine as well. I will come up with a contact sheet format, and ask that anyone who would like to be put on the list send me their information through PM or email, and I will happily add you to the list. You will ONLY be able to get the list if you come to the meetings, and I will not send out an electronic version.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can always send me an im here or send me an email. I would love to hear most of the feedback you have.....we are always trying to make the chapter better for everyone.

Most of the time if you need me, I am at Woodcraft anyways, or just follow the sound of the chain saw....I am probably there....LOL....

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Just a note from the moderator...it looks like you have this figured out already but please remember that any post with personal information such as e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc in it other than your own violates the IAP Privacy Policy so that pretty much rules out a contact list posted here on IAP in any place or form.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Curtis, we will NEVER make that information public on this website. It would be a printed sheet, and it would ONLY be disseminated on a hard copy basis. No worries on the issue of publishing here!

G1Pens

I wasn't really looking for a contact list per se, but some way to identify who is in the area. I figured if we had a Georgia social group that we could voluntarily join then that would help. Joining the social group would be voluntary and what contact info you have in your profile is up to you.

If I was looking for someone in Georgia I would check the social group and then if I wanted to contact someone there I would just PM them.

I wasn't really suggesting emails or phone numbers or anything like that. I am VP of our motorcycle riding association and we don't publish phone numbers and emails to our own members, so I certainly understand and appreciate that restriction.

Hope that helps

What I have started doing is building a friends list of people who identify themselves as being in GA.

Last edited:

leestoresund

Gary
If you look in the past GA chapter postings you will find all of the folks near you that post on a regular basis.
If they don't post they generally don't want to be in regular contact with other turners. Just an observation.
Bob (RoJo22) put it just about right.
Have you looked into the South Forsyth WoodWorkers Club? They have a pretty active group that meets regularly.

Lee

Steve Busey

Hey Gary and all, best way to find me is via PM. I usually have an IAP tab open in my Firefox browser anytime I'm at a computer, and poke a round the site a few times a day.

Lee K

Of all the surprises, I was shocked to find another member right here in Carrollton!!!

I am new to turning, and newer to pens. Its always good to have a social collective to associate with!

omb76

I'm in Georgia... Waaaaay up on Cartersville. :) We're already pals here, but hopefully we'll be able to meet at the chapter meeting in April.

Top Bottom