Looking for a lost order in Covington.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

If anyone in the Georgia Chapter from Covington received a package from Exoticblanks.com today and you weren't expecting one, or you were expecting an order but didn't get what you ordered, please PM me. I appears the order I placed with EB last week was delivered today, but not to me. According to USPS tracking, it was delivered to an address in Covington - Zip 30016 but that's all the info they provide. Just thought I check here with the group and see if it might have turned up with a group member.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andrew_K99

I'm sure you could call them and they'd look into it for you. Was it the correct address it was supposed to go to? They may track it down for you.

Bobalu

I'm sure you could call them and they'd look into it for you. Was it the correct address it was supposed to go to? They may track it down for you.

According to the PayPal shipping notification I got when EB released the package, it had all the correct information and should have gone to me. I had some suspicion a few days ago that it might be going astray, when the tracking info showed it sent from the bulk mail sorting center for Atlanta to the Covington Post Office. It should have gone to the Social Circle Post Office. This morning it showed it out for delivery, and this afternoon it showed it delivered. To whom, I don't know.

I have notified Exoticblanks so perhaps ED or Dawn may be able to check from their end. I really don't think it went to a fellow pen turner, but just hoped it may have. Most likely this is a USPS error.

I'll also be stopping at the Post Office tomorrow morning to see what they can do for me.

I did a little more research. Apparently Covington has a street with the same name as the one I live on (Emily) only its not a drive, but listed as TRCE. I assume that stands for Terrace. Out near Porterdale from what I can find on MapQuest.

Last edited:

CREID

If anyone in the Georgia Chapter from Covington received a package from Exoticblanks.com today and you weren't expecting one, or you were expecting an order but didn't get what you ordered, please PM me. I appears the order I placed with EB last week was delivered today, but not to me. According to USPS tracking, it was delivered to an address in Covington - Zip 30016 but that's all the info they provide. Just thought I check here with the group and see if it might have turned up with a group member.

Come on now, the post office make a mistake? How can you even suggest.
I know how.:biggrin: I live less than a 1/2 mile (less than a 1/4 by the crow) and for the first 10 years i lived here approx.35% of my mail was sent back marked undeliverable. I live in the city limits, not out in the country. And like I said very close to the Post Office. Magazine subscriptions cancelled because they were returned, credit cards cancelled and turn over to collections, phone, electricity, they didn't discriminate. The best answer I got out of them was that they didn't care. Your stuff may be lost for good. Nest time specify UPS, there not good either but better than usps.
Curt

Last edited:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I wish it showed up in my box....LOL....I am in 30016, but nothing yet from Exotics....Good luck with getting the original package!

Bobalu

I wish it showed up in my box....LOL....I am in 30016, but nothing yet from Exotics....Good luck with getting the original package!

You're out of luck this time. I just had a call from our local Post Master. The box has been found and will be in my mailbox today. I went in this morning and explained the problem to our PM. She called the Covington PM and they both went into action to find it. You wouldn't get that kind of service from a big city PO. Can't wait to see what goodies Dawn sent me.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just a quick comment---

When you use PayPal and now, even with credit cards, we do not ADD any information to the label. We simply "make a few computer clicks" and the information YOU provided is pasted onto the label.

Over 99% of the time this results in you getting your package---sometimes they goof.

As to UPS--we DO ship UPS, if requested. It is more expensive and it seems to be about one day slower.

I used to think UPS was much more efficient than the USPS, but I have to say I am amazed how many packages we ship each week that arrive at their destinations without any difficulties!!

Glad to hear your package will be finding it's way to you, Bob!!

We are always happy to help with tracking numbers, etc. But actually finding the packages is usually accomplished as this one was----your local postmaster, armed with the tracking number, can make a few phone calls and locate the "goods"!!

Good job, Bob!!!

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
The only problem I've encountered with USPS is they say they left an attempt to deliver notice and they either didn't or it got blown away or lost.

leestoresund

To reinforce what Ed said:
If you have more than one address with PayPal they usually ask which is correct or which you want to use.

FWIW in my office complex there are 26 offices in 5 buildings. There are no duplicate numbers. I am in building D Suite 21. There is no other Suite 21 in the complex.

I have actually had delivery people tell me that they can't tell where the office is without the Building letter. What is especially vexing is that the mail gets delivered to central boxes, not the offices.

Lee

Top Bottom