HELP!! Turn pens for the TROOPS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Everyone!!!!!

Steve from Woodcraft let me know they would be turning pens for the troops this weekend, both Sunday and Monday. See the hours below. It would be great if some of us showed up and helped out, and turned a few pens for Steve and the gang! If you have never done this, it is a very rewarding feeling knowing your pen is going to be shipped out to a soldier and used.

Me and Dad will be there around 1pm on Sunday and stay till 4pm. If you are interested please call Steve or let me know you are coming. It is not required that you let us know you are coming, so JUST SHOW UP IF YOU WANT!!!!!!

Bring your favorite turning tool, eye or face protection and your dust protection. They provide everything else for you (tools are there if you dont feel like bringing yours).

Hours are:

Memorial Day Weekend
Sunday, May 30th – 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Monday, May 31st – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Join us in the Atlanta Woodcraft training center and Turn Pens for the Troops. Lathes, tools and materials are provided at no cost.

If you're a newcomer to the hobby of pen turning, but want to give it a try, come on in. We'll have folks available to show you how. If you're an experienced pen turner, we need your help.

All pens produced will be packaged with your name and comments and sent to the men and women in uniform serving our country overseas as a token of our appreciation.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
We had great fun yesterday, while supporting one of the greatest causes. Woodcraft had everything already laid out, and we just went to turning pens! Great fun if you can go by and help Dave and the crew out.

We had all ten lathes going at one time yesterday, and I saw several people with no turning experience at all, complete their very first pen! Always a thrilling time!

Attachments

• Us With Pens Small.jpg
    Us With Pens Small.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Dad Pen Small.jpg
    Dad Pen Small.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 180
  • Dad with Pens Small.jpg
    Dad with Pens Small.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 184

Russell Eaton

Hey Robert I just got home from Woodcraft and turned a couple of pens. They had a good turnout today and it got pretty busy, so I got a couple of pens from my stash and donated them and left. I was a good turnout today. Russell

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Russell

Thanks for helping out! It is good to hear there were people there. We got really busy about 2pm and it was that way up to 3 or so......

Top Bottom