Future of the group - Volunteer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Kent, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help your family beyond daily prayers - send me a PM.

Separately, I like the idea of having an "open lathe" . If I can make it, and could always turn few pens and it can be used as a demo for walk-ins or prospective new members.

I did reach out to Rockler, but Jeff was not in and I didn't call back. The goals is to continue to be good to WC as they have been more than generous with us. I was just trying to keep the group alive while being respectful to WC's use for that room.

Thank you Kent. Back to my day job. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lee Carr

Kent,

I did not know about your wife. My family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am here if I can do anything to assist.

I will step up with one of the functions you suggested. I am sure we all
will be talking further soon.

We can also set up a listing of the Georgia group with the information provided to us earlier on this post.

Lee

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Kent, my thoughts are with you and your wife. I will assist "from afar" in any way I can with your contact list. Pens are nice, friends are better.

TonyL

I can commit (assuming no natural disaster LOL) to serve as regular pen turning demonstrator (or just plain old, I turn some pens). This would be more for any new members or walk-ins into WC. I can use carbide and HSS. Obviously, you guys are not going to learn anything from me. This is just something that would go on in the background. I would also shorten the meeting to 9:30 to 11:30am on Saturdays. This doesn't make it too early in the morning and get folks back home by lunch time to enjoy the rest of the afternoon. Those are my thoughts. Happy turning and make it a good one!

drperp

Kent,

I did not know about your wife. My family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am here if I can do anything to assist.

I will step up with one of the functions you suggested. I am sure we all

will be talking further soon.

We can also set up a listing of the Georgia group with the information provided to us earlier on this post.

Lee

As a part time employee of WC and avid turner, I'd like to help any way I can to keep the group/club going and active. Since I know most of you please talk to me about ideas, needs and anything we as the host store can do to help. Most of you know me as Doc and I'm there most Saturdays.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

TonyL

Hi Doc: Please see my suggestion above. Rob mentioned that I can turn some pens for the troops. This way there is also a lathe running. If you have any customers in the store that what to witness penturning, I will be there.

I live in Jasper GA, and in Colorado part time. Have not been on site for some time, but came on today thru the Woodcraft site. Did not even know that there was a GA chapter, as I had not seen that Frank Bowers had mentioned it. I will try to get down if possible. There are Pen turners in the Etowah River, and Apple Ridge clubs up here that probably do not know either. I shall send the word out to them.

Lee Carr

Thanks Billy,

Did you get the PM that went out from Charlie Stevens?
He tried to capture all the IAP GA members, but not sure
if he got them all. Sometimes they are just listed by city
and not state.

Please tell all that you know of about the meeting this
Saturday. It will be a show and tell as well an organizational
meeting. Tony will be demonstrating as well.

Lee

TonyL

Great to meet new and not-so new-members. I updated my signature to reflect my membership in the local chapter.

Top Bottom