Fourth Meeting of the Southeast Chapter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Our next meeting will be held Saturday, September 19th at 9:30 am at the Woodcraft store. If you need any further information, please send a PM to Rojo22 for information. We will have some laser kits to give away, and we will also tentatively schedule in Ben for the demo. If you are bringing give away blanks, or something special to the meeting, let me know, and I will post the particulars to get everyone excited.

Would anyone be interested in another pen exchange? If so let me know here and I will start getting things together!

We look forward to seeing everyone!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Steve

I know, and I totally understand if folks head up that way. I am not going up to Unicoi this year. I went last year, and it is just too far to drive for those three days, and staying up there is not an option, so I will stay home and host the pen meeting. I hope everyone else can come!

Robert

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok everyone, we are getting closer to the September meeting, and I wanted to see if folks would be interested in the pen swap again. So far we have two votes for yes so right now I am trading a pen with NascarBowl! I think my wife will be bringing a swap pen as well, so maybe we need another person. Let me know if you want to participate. I am emailing Ben to see if he will be able to do the demo for us this meeting.

Thanks

Robert

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Perry

I didnt turn out too bad on the swap either....LOL.. but you knew that!

We had a ton of fun with this the last time, so we can draw names just like last meeting. I hope others will be inspired to create a swap pen!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Bumping this up, hopefully everyone is busy making pens to reply to me here! I am hoping we have a great turn out! Any ideas on what you would like for this meeting or future meetings, please speak up! Let me know if you are planning to come.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I have tried to get a hold of Ben and have been unsuccessful. I will try over the next week or so to get him. I am hoping he is able to, but have not confirmed with him yet.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok, I was able to get with Ben, and the good news is he probably will be able to come and spend some time with us on the 19th. The bad news is, he has not had the time to get everything together for the demo. The great news is, he is pretty sure the December meeting he will be able to do something, so we are all crossing our fingers for the December meeting!

So, would someone like to volunteer for a demo? I am open to anything. If we dont get any volunteers, I will make up something, and maybe do some segmented discussions or something for those who are interested in segmentation. If nobody is interested in segmentation, I am open to other topics...so lets here what you want!

I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday September 19th.

papaturner

I second the comment of Robert on the 360 HB.:biggrin:

Also I have a number of new woods(photos attached) that I can sell for $ 5.00 each with no shipping if you will pick them up at the mtg. on the 19th.
I have a few right handed and some left handed (In the photos) some are drivers some are 3`s and 5`s there are black ones and some are stained (photo has one of each).
If you are interested please pm me and I`ll bring the to you the 19th.

Attachments

• wood1.JPG
    wood1.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 158
  • wood3.JPG
    wood3.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 154
  • wood4.JPG
    wood4.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 158

davinci27

I'm planning on being there. I actually manged to get out to the shop and turn some pens and bowls iver the last week or so. Are we doing a pen swap? If so I'm in.

See you guys then.
Ben

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ben

Yes we will have a pen swap for those who wish to participate. I have at least 6 people in so far! I am glad you will be able to attend!

Robert

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Well, I can hardly believe that it has been a year of getting together as a group! I am excited to see everyone tomorrow, and talk pens again! We look forward to seeing everyone at Woodcraft around 10am or so. Bring some extra cash, one of my turning buddies has entrusted me with some pen blanks, and they are really nice and really inexpensive!

Top Bottom