Feedback URGENTLY NEEDED- Southeast Chapter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I appreciate the emails, and the responses I have received from the individuals who are interested in the Southeast Chapter. We have close to 40 names of individuals from a wide range of places that have shown interest in starting and participating in the club. Over the last few weeks, I have not received much in the way of feedback for many of the important things that will shape the chapter.

I NEED SOME FEEDBACK, and some active participation in deciding how the chapter will be shaped and run. My intent on getting the Southeast Chapter started was to get the ball rolling, and have some folks throw in some opinions and knowledge. A chapter is a team sport, and I am looking for team mates!

Things I need help with IMMEDIATELY!

1. Officer nominations- This is our club, please support it with your ACTIVE participation on how the club will be shaped and run by nominating folks to run the club.

2. Honest Feedback- This is very important. I have received less than half a dozen replies on the posted issues for the chapter. You can email me privately or leave a message here on the forum.

3. Responses for the Inaugural Meeting- I have received 3 messages saying they cannot make the meeting (this is fine with me, other than missing their company), and I have received 2 messages stating they are coming (five out of a total of 40 interested members). Please take a moment to let me know whether you will be coming or you have other committments. This event is our kickoff event, and I need to know how to frame this with our hosts.

I have tried to get things rolling here and I certainly understand things like schedules, work, family and the like. I have similar constraints as well. If you feel that things need to be done differently than they have, speak up, I certainly appreciate any feedback. I want this to be a success, but I need participation and I need feedback. I need to hear some fired up people on having the club be a success, like we did when we first mentioned it!

If you are a lurker in the chapter, that is fine, but I still need to hear from you on these important topics. I know everyone cannot participate to a greater extent, but if you are on the forum, this Chapter is trying to represent you. PLEASE THROW IN YOUR OPINION EVEN IF YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

1. It would be a good start to determine what type of positions are needed. I can see a President or Headpenturner, Secretary, Membership Chairman, Program Chairman/Committee, don't think we need a treasurer. The membership chair could be in charge of getting the goodies.

2.Honestly, if I give you feedback, it will be honest.:biggrin:

3. I think an inaugral meeting in January or even February would be better than the weekend right before Christmas. I'm just as anxious to meet everyone but don't think we need to rush into it.

As being a member in this group will entail a 3 hour drive in one direction, it will be difficult to attend more than one or two meetings a year for me.

Steve Busey

Rojo22,
First of all, THANK YOU for everything you are doing to get this thing rolling!

I know the silence can be deafening, and the lack of response frustrating. Been there, done that. I think the Dec 20 get together is a great idea, but I know a lot of folks are slammed with the holiday schedule (I know I have to go pick up family from the airport in the afternoon, but hope to come by for as long as I can). But don't interpret that as rejection of your plans or dreams.

1. Officer nominations- I have to plead ignorance here, as I don't know what it takes to run a club, and don't know any folks in the group, so I can't offer any constructive feedback. If you have some specific duties in mind, toss them out here. I'm more interested in duties than titles.

2. Honest Feedback- I know the Dec 20 date is a bit of a "lemon" date for a lot of folks, which is the reason Woodcraft had it available, but we can still make lemonade with a few folks at the first meeting. Perhaps there we can toss out some ideas for future meetings.

3. Responses for the Inaugural Meeting- I typically can't plan 48 hours in advance, so I imagine folks are reluctant to commit that far out. Folks, if you think you can swing by, even for an hour or two - let the group (and Rojo) know! You can pick up those last minute Christmas gifts for LOYL to wrap up and give to you (that's what my wife does: "Buy something you want and give me the receipt").

I'm looking forward to it, but I also know that we will never get 100% participation, just because of how geographically dispersed the group is. It may be that the norm is 4-8 folks in Atlanta; 4-8 folks in Charleston; 4-8 folks in <fill in the blank>. That's not a sign of disinterest, it's just a sign of life. The rest of the group can live vicariously through pictures and stories posted here.

steve542

Feedback on Club

I just started readig the penturners website after a number of months away. Now I am home recovering from two surgeries and looked again at the website. I will come to any meeting on the 20th of December. Where and when do I go? Woodcraft? Also is there another meeing on March 21 if you go ahead with the 12/20 meeting?

As for organizing a club, I am interested in participating, but unfortunately am not interested in organizing or serving in office. Having said that, I would suggest that the group try to have quarterly meetings with time for trading, talking, and selling and a demo. related to pen making. I don't know if a lot of officers are needed for that, just some event organizers.

Thanks for a great event! - ROJO22
I unfortunately had to leave early.
It was nice meeting a great bunch of fellow pen turners.
If any person have some questions about the inlay kits please feel free to give me a call at 770 891 2301 or visit my site.

Top Bottom