Displaying work at the Atlanta Woodcraft store

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I have gained permission from the folks at the Atlanta Woodcraft to place a display cabinet of the Southeast Chapters work in the store. We have a two foot by two foot glass display cabinet, that is prominently displayed right behind the area of the register, right next to the pen making items. The cabinet is beautiful, but empty. I will be constructing and placing the cabinet at the store on the day after Thanksgiving, so if you have some time, come on by in the early morning or afternoon and say hello.

So our next project is to have folks put pens on display. I have created tent cards that allow you to put your name, and vital statistics for the pen right next to your work. I have also got the acrylic pen displays on hand to display your work. ALL I NEED IS YOUR PEN TO PUT ON DISPLAY. If you have a pen you are particularly proud of, and would like folks to see it, let me know. I can have folks mail them to me, or you can take it to the store directly. You can let me know when you want the pen back, and we can arrange to get the pen back to you. I would like to get the cabinet reasonably filled up with our beautiful work. Please let me know what you can do!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tweetfaip

I'll bring one as well to the meeting. SRB is probably right. Woodcraft might not appreciate a bunch of nice CUSA pens in the display. Thanks for coordinating this Rojo!

Steve Busey

We made an unplanned stop by WC on the way home from grandma's house, and just had to say: that display case is awesome! Over 6' tall, four glass sides and glass shelves, filled with some amazing pens!

Robert, are those all your pens? The only one with a card was the one on the bottom shelf. Beautiful work!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for all your comments. The owner was very happy with the display case, which made me very happy. It will show our work very well! Yes, those are all my pens. I would love to take most of them out and display others work in them, as my pens are very plain looking. I know there are some outstanding pieces of our members work we can help fill up the display case with.

Please do not worry about the kit and where it comes from. I answered questions for about two hours on Saturday, and the kit questions and where they come from are not an issue. Our purpose is to generate interest in pen making, and hopefully we can send business to the Woodcraft for items folks need.

Bring those pens to the meeting, and I will happily give them a prominent place in the cabinet, along with a name card and description for each!

Fred

That is definitely a fine display case. I visited the store Saturday and checked it out while there. You have some very nice pens in there as well!

Still planning on seeing you on the 20th. as long as all goes well with my health! :biggrin:

Top Bottom