Atlanta Woodworking Show

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rmartin

As a member of the Georgia Woodworkers Guild, I always stop by the guild's booth to check in with other members. We used to have our annual contest, but with the change in venue last year, we aren't allowed to do that anymore. Kind of a drag, but then I don't stay stressed out 6 months before the show trying for a ribbon

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Normally, I would be there both Saturday and Sunday, but this year Dad and I are only going as casual observers, and on Sunday. Hope to see some of you there.

MorganGrafixx

I was there all day today. I wasn't as impressed with it as I have been in the past. The Craft Supplies booth was pretty much it for pen turners, so if you wanted to browse/buy kits and blanks, you had to fight through crowds of people just to get a glimpse of stuff that was picked through by the throngs. The one kit I was focused on getting while there (Zen Kit) was not there. I wanted a new pack of Micromesh, found the packages there, but it was not labeled with what grits were conatined inside the package. I wanted to ask the gentleman working the both to find out, but one onlooker after another jumps in front of me to yet again rudely interrupt. I just put the MM back on the shelf (after waiting for a group of window shoppers to finish talking to one another) and walked off. Oh well, what are you going to do. I did have a great conversation with a retired Navy guy from the Woodturners Guild Of America. He gave me a few pointers on hollow forms and jaw chucks. So I guess it wasn't a total downer.

leestoresund

Well, I wasn't sure if I needed new MM pads, old and used as mine are. I keep getting good finishes with them.
But even tho' you can buy them for half that priced directly from MM MM's shipping costs make just buying one or two sets cost prohibitive.
Back to your concern:
The grit card was in back of the pads. Each set had the grit card in it. You could see all the colors.
Your pass is good all weekend. Go on back.
I bought a set so I guess I decided I needed new ones.
Also found a reamer in the cheapy shop for $6.

Lee

DrBills

I went for 2 hours today and while I enjoyed talking to folks, the offerings were poor for what I was looking for. Neither the selection I was hoping for nor any deals worthy of making me part with extra cash.

C'est le vie.

Bill

MorganGrafixx

Well, I wasn't sure if I needed new MM pads, old and used as mine are. I keep getting good finishes with them.
But even tho' you can buy them for half that priced directly from MM MM's shipping costs make just buying one or two sets cost prohibitive.
Back to your concern:
The grit card was in back of the pads. Each set had the grit card in it. You could see all the colors.
Your pass is good all weekend. Go on back.
I bought a set so I guess I decided I needed new ones.
Also found a reamer in the cheapy shop for $6.

Lee

I wasn't going for the pads of MM. I rather prefer the rectangular sheets. They had the packages of them, but it looked like there were not as many sheets in there as any other pack I've bought. I was trying to figure out which one or two grits they didn't include. More importantly, if it included the 12,000 and 8,000 grits.

Gary Beasley

I got a Carter guide upgrade kit for my Grizzly 14 inch bandsaw, lots of little bits and pieces, and met a wonderful woodworker from the Gwinnett Woodworkers Guild that was showing how to make precision cuts of very small pieces of wood with a miter saw of all things. The guys a genius. I think his name was Ted.

leestoresund

Ted Baldwin is a nice guy. Known him for years.
He has developed a system that allows one to cut ridiculously small pieces safely with a miter saw.
He occasionally gives classes on his procedure.

Lee

MorganGrafixx

I got a Carter guide upgrade kit for my Grizzly 14 inch bandsaw, lots of little bits and pieces, and met a wonderful woodworker from the Gwinnett Woodworkers Guild that was showing how to make precision cuts of very small pieces of wood with a miter saw of all things. The guys a genius. I think his name was Ted.

He has developed a system that allows one to cut ridiculously small pieces safely with a miter saw.

Lee

This is something I'm going to HAVE to see!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Trust me, it is always worth seeing Ted Baldwin cut stuff up, he does amazing work, and still inspires folks to do the stuff he does SAFELY!

Lee

This is something I'm going to HAVE to see!

Top Bottom