41st Meeting-December 15, 2018

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasstevens

Please mark your calendars to join us for the quarterly Georgia Chapter meeting of the IAP on Saturday, December 15th from 10:00 - 12:00 at the Woodcraft on Holcomb Bridge Road in Roswell.
We have planned a presentation on fountain pens from one of GA members, which should be interesting and informative, as well as a presentation of various aspects and examples of engraving.
Bring some of your best pens for a "Show & Tell" where you tell us about your pens. Participants in "Show & Tell" will be entered into a drawing for a Woodcraft Gift Card. We will have two winners each receiving a $25.00 Woodcraft Gift Card.
Woodcraft is also offering all who attend a 10% store discount on Saturday, December 15th.
We are looking forward to seeing you for a morning of fellowship, fun
and information exchange.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

It was a great meeting. Nice to see all that came. Had a new turner and his son come to the meeting. Ben won one of the prizes and gave it to the young boy to get started on his turning career. Great of you Ben to pay it forward. That's the way I have found the pen turning community to be. Great demo by David. Learned a lot.
Hope we continue to get great turn out at future meetings.
Turncrazy43

jimh992

Hi- I just joined the forum. I'm a member of Ga. Assoc of Woodturners. I'm teaching a blind couple to turn... starting with pens. They are well on their way to safe self-sufficency. They have joined the turning club at Atlanta Woodcraft, AWG, and I believe they would be interested in your club... but I can't find a calendar for your meetings... neither here nor on the Woodcraft calendar. Is the next meeting in March?

TonyL

We are looking to host another in April. Send me your email address via PM and I will place you on the mailing list. I am in Alpharetta if you every feel like making some pens etc. Welcome to the IAP!

Lee Carr

Charlie,

We are trying to target mid April; we are working on a location.
Will be back in touch.

Also, reminding everyone about the Southeast Pen Gathering in Augusta
the last weekend in March.

Lee

cbjax

Charlie,

We are trying to target mid April; we are working on a location.
Will be back in touch.

Also, reminding everyone about the Southeast Pen Gathering in Augusta
the last weekend in March.

Lee

Have you considered Peachtree Woodworking? GWA meets there in the morning until about 10:30. In any case you might try there.

Gary Beasley

Have you checked with the new Rockler store on Barrett Parkway? They have a small classroom area and might be open to a few customers getting together for a meeting.

Lee Carr

Haven't checked there, but at the Rockler on Johnson Ferry and
Roswell Road. They have smaller area enclosed and just outside
the room. With more than 15 people or so, it will be crowded.
Working on Peachtree Woodworking with maybe a time right after
the Gwinnett Wood Working Group on Saturday. More details to come.
I will follow back up.
Lee

Gary Beasley

That would be pretty cool especially if you drop in for GWAs meeting beforehand. They are a pretty good group of people, I was a member till I moved a while back and it just got too far to drive. Might be able to get some of the GWA folks to stay for the IAP meet too.

turncrazy43

Sure hope we can have a meeting soon. 6 months seems like a long time between meetings. Hope someone can comment on what is going on.
turncrazy43

TonyL

If anyone can think of a topic/demo, I would be delighted to arrange a meeting with WC or Rockler. It doesn't have to die. We just need at least 10.

Lee Carr

If anyone can think of a topic/demo, I would be delighted to arrange a meeting with WC or Rockler. It doesn't have to die. We just need at least 10.
Guys,

This one is on me. I need to follow back up with the Gwinnett Woodworking Association
to pin down a meeting in conjunction with theirs on Saturday morning. They meet at
8 and usually finished by 10. I believe their turning group is set up for the third Saturday of the month. I met with their previous president from 2018, who I just
happened to go to high school with many years ago, and they seemed to be interested. I think there would be some good synergies between the groups.
We could meet right after their meeting around 10 and hopefully pull in some
new members from their group and vice versa

I just need to get back in touch and nail down some details on the meeting.
We also need to check into some liability insurance for the group for the meetings
as this came up in some of the discussions. I have been side tracked on some other items and issues, but will commit to work on this over the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Lee

Top Bottom