30th Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

Our 30th Meeting will be April 2, 2016 at our gracious host facility at Woodcraft of Atlanta. 10am until 2pm

Wow 30th meeting. That is Awesome and shows what a great group we have. Looking at post in the other group forums. I think we are one of the most successful. I think we need to celebrate!!!! So I am open for Ideas, so lets get it on. Post your ideas and we will decide what we want to do. Themed PITH, Pen making contest, who knows.

But.....I do have a Special Announcement and our first demo of the day. Our very own local Super Talented Smart guy, Constant has made an offer. And here is how it will work.

Constant will bring in his laptop with his fancy design software hooked up to the big TV, and we as a group will collaborate in the design of a new style pen kit or possibly two.

We as a group will come up with ideas of what we would like in a kit, he will design it in real time so we can play around with it and see how it would look. We will choose a name for the kit(s) and Constant will produce it. He has also offered to give everyone involved a free kit once there made. How sweet is that!!! So get those thinking caps on. Big Thanks Constant

With this group I could easily see this taking all day, however we do need an afternoon Demo, So as always any ideas or volunteers would be greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

Ok Guys and Gals we are about a month away from our Big 30th Meeting. Little bad News!! Somebody went and scheduled the Woodworking show the same weekend as Our celebration. I hope everyone will come by, as i think we have a great day planned. Constant will be coming to design our GA chapter pen. Remember everyone gets a free kit once their produced. Also we have some Great Door Prizes to give away. I'm still looking for a second demo or suggestions.

I'm very excited and hope to see everyone. Great Day!!

reddwil

Few days away from our 30th. We have Constant lined up for the morning demo/Pen Design, and Mr. Perry Bridges for the afternoon on turning pine cones. Hopefully he will stop by my house and load up before the meeting.

We have some great door prizes lined up and as always great Fellowship.

Hope to see everyone who can make it.

eharri446

This will be my first also.

This will be my first also. I just recently joined IAP and wanted to get together with the local members to see what nuggets on information I can garner from them.

See everyone on Saturday.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

southernclay

Great meeting today! Perry and Constant thanks for the demo & discussion. Thanks to Kent, Jonathan and Perry for donating a door prize too. Great to see the new faces in the crowd! I'll miss the next meeting so hopefully I'll see y'all in the fall.

Kent I'll try to think of a demo to do for the next meeting I'm able to attend.

papaturner

What a treat our meeting was today. Not only great fellowship and discussion but a great discussion with Constant. The Georgia meetings are all very informative and I always take away new knowledge.

AND if that`s not enough they even allowed me to do sort of a demo. I actually survived. Thanks to all who made the day an excellent day.

Thanks Kent for another great meeting.

reddwil

Special Thanks to everyone who showed up today. Lots of new faces who I hope continue to come back. Perry you did a fantastic job and I very excited to see our new pen design come to be. Thanks to Constant for his offer and continued support of our Group. I still say we have the best and most active Chapter. All you guys and gals make my job very easy. I'm looking forward to another 30 meetings and more. I enjoy each and every one.

TonyL

Nice to see all, sorry I missed Constant.

If you want me to demo my waterless, buffing system for acrylic and CA finishes, let me know. Just bring me your turned, but unsanded blanks (AA, Acrylester, PR, CA, etc), and I will show you I how I finish them. The darker the blanks the better.

eharri446

Great meeting from a first time attender's point of view

I really enjoyed the meeting and especially the chance to talk to others to are into turning pens.

The presentation on making a pen from pine cones was great and the design session was extremely educational.

I would especially like to thank those who so kindly provided the door prizes.

All in all it was a great meeting and hope to see everyone at the next one.

Top Bottom