2018 Meeting Dates - Please Read

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reddwil

Hello All,

The date's for our 2018 meetings are as follows: Please note the March Meeting was changed by woodcraft to April due to scheduling conflict in case you had wrote the dates down in June. (December 2017 Make up meeting TBD if possible)

March 31, 2018
June 16, 2018
September 15 2018
December 15, 2018

In talking with some of our fellow members, we have discussed how to get attendance back up and ideas for Demos and and getting more information out there for us all to learn.

Some of the ideas we discussed were as follows:

Bring a Fellow wood turner, or someone who is interested in our Hobby, maybe someone your teaching and mentoring

Possibility of one meeting a year where we invite kids in to make a pen, or turn for the troops, Pens for Hope and any other Charity.

Couple folks have requested a class on photography. Doesn't have to be a pen turner. So if someone knows of a good photographer who might would donate a couple hours of there time, please ask them and let me know.

Our Demo's don't have to be pen related, Other things we make can be a demo.

Homemade shop jig's is another topic of interest by some members.

Personal Invites, Not everyone on the IAP reads our Georgia Thread. And not all of us get on the site daily. If you see a new Georgia member, Invite them to come.

Any demo from the past can be redone, some of us are mature in age, a little refresher never hurts, Our hobby is changing with new products and techniques, always good to learn how others apply those.

In talking with Ben last night, I told him my biggest concern is loosing members and our attendance dropping. A comment was made to me recently by a member of Woodcraft about the number of people that attend our meetings. I'm afraid if we don't have a better showing, and Since this is a corporate store now, they could boot us out for paying classes. They have been great to us and I don't won't to loose that. So I need everyone's help.

We are open for any suggestions and ideas, so please post on this thread any ideas you have.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, God Bless

Kent

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Thanks Kent,
I won't be at the June meeting but hopefully can swing the others. I'll do my bottle stopper demo in April if needed. I may can do a peppermill demo later in the year. My weekends the rest of the year are booked so hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

turncrazy43

Tom1697: The meeting is at the Woodcraft store in Roswell, GA. I don't know of another Georgia Chapter. Love to have you come if you can make the trip.

Turncrazy43

Chasstevens

Kent, do you think Woodcraft would allow us to put up sign in the store several weeks before our meeting? I'm sure a lot of penturners go to the store who are unaware of us.
Thanks, Charlie stevens

drperp

I talked to Robert the store Manager & he said by all means we can put up a sign in the store even a month in advance of our meetings. Hopefully we can boost interest and the member numbers!
Doc

Bill Bulloch

You give the dates for the meetings for 2018, but not the times. What time do the meetings start? If you have a mailing list I'd like to be added to it.

Last edited:

papaturner

You give the dates for the meetings for 2018, but not the times. What time do the meetings start? If you have a mailing list I'd like to be added to it.

Bill the meeting usually starts around 10 am and ends around 2 depending on the demos. Pretty sure there is no mailing list or they left me off. :biggrin:

drperp

Meeting sign in Woodcraft

I talked to Robert the store Manager & he said by all means we can put up a sign in the store even a month in advance of our meetings. Hopefully we can boost interest and the member numbers!
Doc

Anyone getting a sign ready to place in the store?

Top Bottom