17th Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I am proud to announce that the 17th Chapter meeting will be held at Woodcraft in Roswell on December 15th, 2012 from 10am to around 3pm. This date has been confirmed with the location!

Location information:

8560 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Suite 115
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Phone: (770) 587-3372
Fax: (770) 587-9068

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok folks, I need to hear some ideas and have some volunteers for our December meeting. The only thing I know for sure right now is we will have our usual Pen Swap, Blank Swap/giveaway.

Anyone got any ideas or programs they would like to demonstrate?

Anyone......Anyone....Anyone?????

papaturner

Ok folks, I need to hear some ideas and have some volunteers for our December meeting. The only thing I know for sure right now is we will have our usual Pen Swap, Blank Swap/giveaway.

Anyone got any ideas or programs they would like to demonstrate?

Anyone......Anyone....Anyone?????

What about a "kitless" demo? Anyone in our group into those?

Brooks803

If I can get my parents to watch my little one for the day (it'll take a whole lot of arm twisting for sure :rolleyes:) I might be able to make it out there.

If so I could elaborate more on the threading demo I did a while back and go full kitless for everyone. Let me know if that sounds good for yall.

Steve Busey

Let me know if that sounds good for yall.

Gosh, I don't know - has anyone ever heard of this Brooks803 clown? :tongue:

Are you nuts, Jonathon?!?!? Sure!! Come on down!!
Oops, sorry rojo - that's your job...

(ps - Glad to hear that you're healed enough to even think about making the trip, let alone do a demo!)

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
UH, I have checked with the local and state ordinances and have found NO LEGAL precedence that states we cannot do a kit less demo....

So, if Brooks803 doesn't wear himself out twisting arms, I say we have a winner!

COME ON DOWN BROOKS803 for the demo. I still have the form for importing South Carolina folks...your shots are still good right? Just let me know what I can do to help.

Brooks803

UH, I have checked with the local and state ordinances and have found NO LEGAL precedence that states we cannot do a kit less demo....

So, if Brooks803 doesn't wear himself out twisting arms, I say we have a winner!

COME ON DOWN BROOKS803 for the demo. I still have the form for importing South Carolina folks...your shots are still good right? Just let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks Robert. All my shots are up to date as well as my passport. As long as the border patrol isn't feeling frisky I should be able to make it unscathed.

That being said. I'm all set to do the demo. Morning or afternoon is fine but it might take a bit of time to do an entire pen. So whichever slot you think will alot the most time is fine with me :biggrin:

Shea wishes she didn't have to work so we could all come (baby included) but maybe next time.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
That being said. I'm all set to do the demo. Morning or afternoon is fine but it might take a bit of time to do an entire pen. So whichever slot you think will alot the most time is fine with me :biggrin:

Shea wishes she didn't have to work so we could all come (baby included) but maybe next time.

Brooks803, with all the VOLUNTEERS I have had, we have scheduled you for BOTH the morning and afternoon sessions...we can start and when you are done, you are done....You sir have the floor for the entire DAY!!!!

Many thanks for travelling over here...we would love to have the entire clan over!!!

Steve Busey

Coming up this Saturday! Who's in?

I'm planning to be there.

PS - did anyone get a Woodcraft email today? I deleted it before reading it, but as it fell into the bit bucket, I thought I saw something about some training class happening this Saturday?? Am hoping they are expecting US and not a training class!

Gary Beasley

Coming up this Saturday! Who's in?

I'm planning to be there.

PS - did anyone get a Woodcraft email today? I deleted it before reading it, but as it fell into the bit bucket, I thought I saw something about some training class happening this Saturday?? Am hoping they are expecting US and not a training class!

Heres the announcement. Maybe it will happen out front or in the back shop.

Free Demonstration
Create Raised Panel Doors on the Router Table
with Tom Ferone of Freud USA
Saturday, December 15
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm

Freud's Mobile Workshop Ambassador Tom Ferone will demonstrate the power of the Premier Adjustable Rail and Stile bit set, together with the raised panel bit. He will also be available to discuss any Freud product, including saw blades, after the demo.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
**CONFIRMED**THE CLASSROOM IS SCHEDULED FOR THE MEETING

I just spoke to Robert at Woodcraft about the demonstration. There will be a demonstration that will be held in the BACK WORKSHOP, so there is no conflict with the meeting, this is being done in a joint (humor intended) effort to get a valuable resource from FRUED a venue to demonstrate his process and tools. THE MEETING IS STILL CONFIRMED AND SCHEDULED AND WE HAVE THE CLASSROOM FOR THE MEETING. I hope this clears up the confusion, and I look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting!

firewhatfire

Well I am out again. Gonna be out till midnight on Friday and have folks coming in on Saturday to to augment all of the ones I gathered on Friday(today)

Wish I could make it cause I need this class.

Phil

leestoresund

Name tags

I can tell you that those of us with legible name tags are going to be quite the thing.
Everyone else will be jealous.

Steve Busey

A few pics from the day's festivities. Brooks803 showed how he does the threading for his kitless fountain pens. RoJo22 was an able bodied assistant, just "die-ing" to help out. And a great time was had by all!

(wow, check out the cool nametags! :cool: )

IAP 001.jpg IAP 002.jpg IAP 003.jpg
IAP 004.jpg IAP 005.jpg IAP 007.jpg

Brooks803

I had a blast today. I hope yall could follow my ramblings! Thanks Robert for the extra set of hands. I'll finish up the pen and get some pics up asap. Steve, the badges are awesome! I'm gonna see if our SC group wants to do some. We really need something like that. It was great seeing everyone. Hope Robin gets to feeling better!

Top Bottom