16th Chapter Meeting- 4th Anniversary!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Join us in Celebrating the 4th YEAR anniversary of the Georgia Chapter!!

I am proud to announce that the 16th Chapter meeting will be held at Woodcraft in Roswell on September 22nd, 2012 from 10am to around 3pm. This date has been confirmed with the location!

Location information:

8560 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Suite 115
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Phone: (770) 587-3372
Fax: (770) 587-9068

Last edited:

mdthomp38

Rojo, do you guys typically meet every week at that location? I want to attend the meeting but I will be out of town that weekend and just want to get an idea of how often you guys meet.

Thanks,
Matt

Covington, Ga

Steve Busey

Rojo, do you guys typically meet every week at that location? I want to attend the meeting but I will be out of town that weekend and just want to get an idea of how often you guys meet.

Hi Matt, the group meets roughly quarterly, when we can squeeze in to Woodcraft's calendar. This forum is the best place to keep up with the dates.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
FOUR years already?? No way! That means Mick would need to renew his passport if he wanted to come back!

Yes, the passport and his innoculations....LOL....

Yes, four years since the very first meeting, where we thought maybe there was not enough interest....I was very nervous that first meeting, because we only had a few people there until the afternoon!

This group has grown leaps and bounds, and has had some spectacular demos, and achievements as we have notched up 4 years on the calendar! I will have a very nice surprise for the group for this meeting!

papaturner

FOUR years already?? No way! That means Mick would need to renew his passport if he wanted to come back!

Yes, the passport and his innoculations....LOL....

Yes, four years since the very first meeting, where we thought maybe there was not enough interest....I was very nervous that first meeting, because we only had a few people there until the afternoon!

This group has grown leaps and bounds, and has had some spectacular demos, and achievements as we have notched up 4 years on the calendar! I will have a very nice surprise for the group for this meeting!
Can not be..............surely I am not 4 years older.:eek:

Steve Busey

Yes, four years since the very first meeting, where we thought maybe there was not enough interest...

Hmm, must be time to change out the white holly pen in the IAP display case - it's turned yellow with age! :frown:

I will have a very nice surprise for the group for this meeting!

No, you're not allowed to retire! :biggrin:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
No, you're not allowed to retire! :biggrin:

LOL... I think there has to be an election and acceptance speech before I can actually get the job so I COULD retire....LOL.....

I was thinking something fun and exciting and useful....LOL....I will have some hints later on....

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
It appears that I am off that weekend.(at least for now) If you need a demo person I can be put on the the list as a possibility. I can do scallops.

YES, YES, and YES PLEASE! We would love for you to do the scallops!!! Please confirm, and I will put you down officially, but we have put you down tentatively per your request!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
OK, starting to get a pretty good idea for what will take place on the anniversary meeting!

If you would like to get a shirt, and/or hat, please let me know. I have the order sheet from the meeting and will process those orders in the next month or so. I will post some additional information on the shirts and hats as I get more information.

Some things I would like to have considered for the meeting:

1. A Pen Swap would be nice

2. If you have any photos of past meetings that you have PRINTED out, please bring a copy to donate to the club scrap book (we will be putting a book together with the donated pictures)

3. Bring a donation to the raffle. We will be having lots of raffles throughout the day, if you could bring some material, kits, etc. to donate to the raffle, that would be awesome. I will have some surprises for the raffle as well.

4. Bring a completed piece of your work to display in the display cabinet. Some of our pens that have been in there have been in there a while, we need some new stuff in there, so please consider bringing a completed piece to display. (you will get this piece back when you want it back, we would like it to stay in the display case for about 6 months if possible)

5. Bring your stuff to sell/trade/donate to the raffle. Please bring all of the stuff you want to trade, sell or donate to the raffle.

I hope that will get folks to come on out for the anniversary meeting!

Robert

firewhatfire

I have confirmed my schedule and am off that weekend. You can plan on me being there and doing the demo on scallops unless there is some unforseen problems that arise.

Phil

rhorne

Sep. meeting

Do you have to live in Ga. To come to meeting? I live in Chattanooga, Tn. The northern out scerts of atl. Haha I would love to come down & meet every one.

RHorne

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Rhorne

With enough advanced notice we have been able to smuggle...er...allow folks from Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and even Tennessee to visit with the group.

We would love to have you come down and visit with us! Come on DOWN! The address for our meetings is listed in the first post of this thread, and if you need any help in finding us, just let us know.

Robert

Proud2Turn

Sounds like it is going to be a great meeting... count me in. :biggrin:

Shirts and hats? Tell me more... Have any pictures or descriptions of what they look like?

underdog

Someone give me a wake-up call so I remember to make it over there again...:tongue:

I thought I'd missed it again because I went to the IWF this weekend, then realized we're still in August...:rolleyes:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Well I hope everyone is getting excited about the next meeting!

We have a very special photo album that will be crafted by our very own Steve Busey. Please make an effort to bring a printed photo for the album. A 4 X 6 inch photo would be the best fit in the album, but if you have different sizes, bring them anyways.

Steve Busey

C'mon - let's fill the book! It will hold 100 pics up to 4x6". Show your pens, other turnings, pics from the meetings, pics of me :eek: - bring 'em on!

photoalbum.jpg

Drstrangefart

I hope a lot of you guys are willing to take a shot at some PR. I'm bringing a small buttload of blanks to sell. A lot of samples from those batches have been posted here recently.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I have heard from the shirt company, and the total for the shirts will be $18.50 for each shirt. They are telling me they are trying to get the order done by the meeting, and I hope they are right. If we dont get the shirts for the meeting I will get everyone their shirts before the next meeting. These turned out really nice, and I cannot wait to show them off. The money raised by the shirts and hats are going toward the banner for the meeting room, and that should be done by our December meeting.

I have ordered 10 extra shirts for sale at the meeting. If your name is not on the list of confirmed orders (you put your name on my list at the meeting last time), I have the following extra shirts (2 large, 4 extra large, 2 double extra large, and 2 triple extra large). First people to contact me either through IAP message, email, phone, or carrier pigeon will be able to get a shirt. If we have others, I will order them on a as needed basis.

The hats are a different story. I may have to deliver those for the next meeting. I will order an additional 20 hats to have on hand for people who did not order one, but would like one. The hats should be in the neighborhood of $12 each, and they are very nice hats with our logo on it.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
David

We would love to have ya' down! Apparently we have a shuttle bus from Alabama and South Carolina that delivers a bunch of crazy pen people every meeting...maybe all you have to do is get to the shuttle drop off from there...LOL....just make sure all of your shots are up to date, and you get the visa thing straightened out.....and you may want to pick up the "accent" guide on the way down, I think they start selling those around the South Carolina border....

Robert

would make for a long day , anyone want to split gas , ill drive .( southwest va , east tnn )

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
OK, we have lots of cool stuff happening in the anniversary meeting, so I hope everyone is going to be there!

Firewhatfire is going to be doing a scallop demo (I cannot wait to see this one, scallops are my favorite seafood)

Pen swap

Blank swap

Free blanks to give away...

Some other cool stuff...

Dont forget to bring some photos for the album...preferably with clothes on...but if we have the digital photos, we can probably blur stuff out if we have to...LOL....darn papparazi shows up at our meetings just at the wrong time.....

Give me a shout out here on this thread if you plan on coming!

Thanks

Robert

Top Bottom