15th Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I am proud to announce that the 15th Chapter meeting will be held at Woodcraft in Roswell on June 16th, 2012 from 10am to around 3pm. This date has been confirmed with the location!

Location information:

8560 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Suite 115
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Phone: (770) 587-3372
Fax: (770) 587-9068

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

My 39th wedding anniversary. Don't know if I will make it or not. I've missed the last two. Maybe if I ask really nice and do something special afterwards, I will get to attend this one.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
This meeting is coming up, and I wanted to check with the demo folks...I remember getting a couple of volunteers, but I failed to write them down. What demo folks did I get to volunteer?

mdthomp38

I will certainly start coming to these meetings but unfortuantely can't make this one.

Matt

Covington, Ga.

Steve Busey

Huh... guess Steve and I will show each other what we know. That'll be a short meeting on my end...:biggrin:

If it's a short meeting, I might run up to Constant's "factory" after lunch and get some stabilized blanks if he's working (which he does about 8 days a week lately!). Might make a good road trip while you're down from the hills...

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Wow, brooks is not coming, we will have to have the state lower the flags to half staff.....

I have not had any volunteers for demonstrations.....I guess I can put on a 101 demonstration or I can bring some of my other stuff in to demonstrate segmented or my resin filling technique......

I would like to see the photo op from Steve if he is still open for it......

We will have plenty of folks there, the usual crowd trading, selling and telling lies.....

Russell Eaton

Well I have to work....but it is close enough that I will be able to drop by for a little while. Lucky the job is close. Look forward to seeing everybody. I think I have several Cherry burl blanks milled up and may bring a few for gifts. Russell

there is so much interest in C A glue finishing on pens. I have A difficult time getting the real shinney finish and others has said they have a difficult time with it 2. ant hope for a class on ca glue finishing

Maylene Pen man
Ronny perkins

leestoresund

Ronny, we did that a few meetings ago. Russel had some of the new CA that Woodcraft sells and showed a few tricks.

Check back in for the September meeting.

Lee

Mrs Rojo22

Another great meeting and lots of new faces!

Thanks to Steve for his "Show & Tell" on picture taking. Lots of great info!

Looking forward to the 16th Anniversary. Lots of fun things to come!

Robin

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I think I remember how...if not I can watch a video.

LOL...a video starring yourself!

Hey would appreciate you doing the CA demo if you can.

I want to thank Steve for doing a "show and tell" on his photo booth and techniques!

I loved the "invisible ink" pen that Jim had turned, that was a cool teaching tool! I think you have inspired us to complete some other demo pieces as well!

We had a great turn out, and I cannot wait till the next meeting. We will have all kinds of neat things going on.

If you are interested in getting a hat or shirt, please look over in the thread for the anniversary meeting, I will put some details in that thread. It is looking good for demos, as we will demonstrations so far on CA finishing and scallops for pens.

Again, thanks everyone for the participation!

Last edited:

papaturner

Another GREAT meeting! The turn out was good. It was great to see all the new folk there.
Thanks to Woodcraft for the always great hospitality.

Steve ,Thanks for the demo now all I have to do is learn how to use the camera:eek:

Thanks to Robin and "whats his name' for another great job.:biggrin:

I`m really looking forward to the anniversary meeting.

underdog

Yeah, it was great meeting some fellow IAP members like Ronnie, and Russell, and Constant...

When I get some good pix of the invisible ink pen, I'll have to post it on the show off your pens, or penturning forums, or something.... :biggrin:

Steve Busey

Hey guys, don't thank me for the demo - it was a collaborative effort with lots of input from other (except the heckling part... :tongue:) - the best way to learn!

Steve Busey

Hey Steve,

You got that photo kit from Radio Shack? Did you say it was $20 or $120?

I see a similar kit there now, but it's $119.99 or so...

Jim,

Got it several years ago. Mine's a Digital Concepts PS-101 8"x8"x8". You may have seen one of their bigger models.

Try searching Amazon or buy.com for "photo tent" and you should find some good ones in the $30-ish ballpark.

Top Bottom