13th Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leestoresund

Robert
I think I figured it out!
No one wanted to associate with us when we were the SE chapter but now that we are the GA chapter people come from all over.

It's the Groucho Marx thing. I wouldn't belong to a group that would have me as a member.

Now they can say they went and visited THAT GA group.

Lee

Steve Busey

Does anyone here locally have a tap & die set that matches a typical Mont Blanc (no, I don't actually know what size it is). I told a friend I'd look at making him a new lower tube (crushed in his car seat), but it threads to the metal mechanism. If you have a set of taps you could bring to the meeting Saturday, I'd like to see if I can determine the correct size.

Thanks!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Our host is always flexible with us on the dates, as well as we are flexible with changes made to dates.

Our host does not mind us scheduling something in January as opposed to December, and if we need to do that for next year, I will keep that in mind when scheduling.

Our host has also ordered some extra inventory for our meeting. I think they will have some extra Sierra's and some other stuff that is popular.

ALWAYS remember that the Woodcraft folks have been sponsoring us from day one, and we can always thank them by buying a few itesm while there! Along with thanking them for hosting us while we are in the store!

I look forward to seeing everyone next Saturday!!

Brooks803

Thanks for the update Robert. I've been to many different Woodcrafts for turner meetings and the folks in Atl have been great! Lets all be sure to give thanks on the 17th!

firewhatfire

I wil get there as soon as I can. Leaving Alabama at 6 a.m. central time and I am bringing a new pen turner. She is is hunting wood to turn so much so she has started drying it in her dehydrator.

Phil

Drstrangefart

I wil get there as soon as I can. Leaving Alabama at 6 a.m. central time and I am bringing a new pen turner. She is is hunting wood to turn so much so she has started drying it in her dehydrator.

Phil

LAWD I wish you would have sent me a message on that before I left my house! I coulda brought a bunch of interesting cured stuff I harvested myself.....

papaturner

One more great mtg. thanks to Robert and Robin who always do a fine job. As Steve said the turn out and the demos were great.

A big thanks to Woodcraft for the awesome hospitality they treat us great.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Brooks803

Finally made it home! I had a great time today. It's always fun to come out and hang with everyone for the day. Happy Hans was able to see what I've been telling him about for almost a year now. Many thanks to Allan and Hans for doing the demos today. Also a big thank you to all who took home some blanks. It sure helps make up for the travel costs! Can't wait till March. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

hewunch

Dude did it take you as long as it took me?!?! a 3 hr trip turned in to 5.5! Why? 3 Words... Mall of Georgia!

Bobalu

I had been looking forward to this meeting with all the demos, pen swap, and all, but sometimes life changes quickly. We got a call from our youngest daughter at 4:30 AM Saturday to let us know she was in labor and on way to the hospital. Needless to say that changed my agenda for the day. Our newest grand daughter arrived around noon Saturday. She was a bit premature and has some complications due to that, but we have faith that she will overcome the problems. Mom is doing fine. Hope to see you next meeting.

Brooks803

Dude did it take you as long as it took me?!?! a 3 hr trip turned in to 5.5! Why? 3 Words... Mall of Georgia!

Seriously???? I had smooth sailing the entire way. Didn't even have to tap the breaks. Did you go back to your Dad's before heading home or leave straight after the meeting?

Drstrangefart

I had been looking forward to this meeting with all the demos, pen swap, and all, but sometimes life changes quickly. We got a call from our youngest daughter at 4:30 AM Saturday to let us know she was in labor and on way to the hospital. Needless to say that changed my agenda for the day. Our newest grand daughter arrived around noon Saturday. She was a bit premature and has some complications due to that, but we have faith that she will overcome the problems. Mom is doing fine. Hope to see you next meeting.

Congrats on the new baby! Hope all goes well!

Top Bottom