13th Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Just so I can keep my sterling reputation for being ahead of the schedule....LOL....

Sorry Guys and Gals

I thought the hint in the 10th meeting notes was good enough....BUT since the direct approach ALWAYS works...

THE DATE FOR THE 12th MEETING WILL BE: <Drum Roll>

December 17th

I am looking to get some help with the demo's, so if you have something you want to do, or you would like to see something done, please let me know!

Thanks

Robert

underdog

Whew... I thought I was about to miss this... Last I checked, this weekend was still an option.

I'd like to make it to this one after a long hiatus.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
During the 12th meeting as discussed we have a tentative demonstration on a centerband replacement and we have a holiday pen exchange planned!

If there are other demo or things you would like to see or demonstrate, please let me know.

Thanks

Robert

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
OK, havent heard of any demos that someone would like to volunteer for....Anyone...Anyone?????

So far we have the centerband set up tentatively and the pen exchange......Another volunteer for a demo would be awesome!!

Also, please go by the Roswell store and check out their new WHITESIDE PEN making products....they are all AMERICAN MADE!! Tell Steve and the boys at the store you are excited about them supporting our hobby, and that we appreciate him presenting us with the new opportunity. Remember to SUPPORT WHERE WE HAVE OUR MEETINGS!!!

Steve Busey

OK, havent heard of any demos that someone would like to volunteer for....Anyone...Anyone?????

Maybe Constant can come and show what's new and upcoming from the magical land of Cumming!

Also, please go by the Roswell store and check out their new WHITESIDE PEN making products....they are all AMERICAN MADE!!

What does Whiteside have for penturning besides pen mills?

hewunch

I am going to TRY to make this meeting. My Dad's birthday is the 19th and he lives in Loganville. So I am thinking about coming down on Friday and then going over on Saturday. IF, I am able to make it, I would be happy to do a demo of your choosing.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
What does Whiteside have for penturning besides pen mills?

Steve

Nothing that I know of right now. They have just started I guess with the pen mills and the shafts. I will ask the store manager at the WOODCRAFT and see if he has any intel.

I will try and see if Constant wants to appear with his magical bag of goodies!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Sounds great, but looking to make sure that you are able to make it. What demo would you like to pull out of your bag? We are hoping that you make it! Let me know and we will schedule it!

I am going to TRY to make this meeting. My Dad's birthday is the 19th and he lives in Loganville. So I am thinking about coming down on Friday and then going over on Saturday. IF, I am able to make it, I would be happy to do a demo of your choosing.

hewunch

I wanted to put my name out there. I will know more soon, but wanted to at least express my intentions. As far as what I can do any of the following.

1. Closed End using pin chucks and other methods
2. Kitless design
3. Decoupage pen
4. Pine Cone Pen
5. Hidden clip
6. Threading
7. Segmenting
8. Decals
9. Golf Ball Pens
10. and hopefully by then... Woodburning.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Hewunch

I am partial to the threading demo, but I will let others speak up and see what they want demonstrated. I will keep this open for the next week or so, and let you know.

thanks for volunteering!

omb76

I would also like to see a hidden clip demo for one of his 10 trips... :) Now that I know how to do a closed end, I'd like to try a double closed end with a hidden clip.

hewunch

I plan on being there. Are you all still meeting for an extended time (am and afternoon)? If so I would prefer to do my demo in the afternoon. And then there is the matter of which demo to do.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
OK everyone, just a rundown of the December 17th meeting:

Pen Swap- Christmas Themed Pens (does not have to be Christmas themed, but we are trying to get a Christmas theme)

DrStrangefart- Will be doing the AM demo with center band replacement

Hewunch- Will be doing the PM demo....Just not sure what yet, but working on the details

EarlD

Just a suggestion for next year: Shift the meetings one month later at some point during the year. Have meetings in October and January instead of September and December. Atlanta traffic in December must be terrible...but I don't want to find out. And there's always so much going on in December anyway.

Just my 2 cents worth. :)

EarlD

Steve Busey

Atlanta traffic in December must be terrible...but I don't want to find out. And there's always so much going on in December anyway.

Atlanta traffic is always a pain, not really any worse in December unless you're pulling into a mall parking lot.

But I agree January is better than December, especially for out of towners who loose a lot more time in traveling. I had to bail early last December, and will have to do so again this month.

papaturner

I agree that January would be better. Another suggestion is to have the pen swap early so the ones who do have to bail out early can still participate.
I don`t have two cents so that`s my one cent.:biggrin:
Hope to see you all at the mtg.

hewunch

I will be doing the hidden clip demo. This will also include working with punches/pin chucks.

On another note, if we could get a general schedule that would be great. As I will be coming in for the afternoon part and would like to participate in the pen swap, but won't worry about bringing a swap pen if it is only in the morning.

watchman7

Looking forward to the December meeting. Have to save some money to buy stuff. I am so poor I can hardly pay attention.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ok, our demos are set to go!

Hewunch will be the afternoon demo, so we will have you up and running around 1:30pm or as close to that as possible after the lunch break.

If people want to bail early, we can do an "early" pen swap, and a "later" pen swap if the crowd needs to leave early.

I will see about moving the meeting next year to January, as per the comments above...

toyotaman

Well, it sounds like a nice trip. Can someone maybe send me an address. This will be my first trip that way. Most of my meetings like that are in Chattanooga Tenn. Thanks.

Steve Busey

I will see about moving the meeting next year to January, as per the comments above...

Just a quick note on that: I do know that we are constrained by the flexibility and generosity of our Woodcraft hosts, so we can't be disappointed if there are money-making events going on that preclude us getting a January vs December meeting date.

And as always, thank the Woodcraft folks for supporting us. One great way to do that is to buy stuff!

Top Bottom