11th Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

I've had some training with fire extinguishers...always remember the acronym PASP: Pull Aim Spray & Pray! Looking forward to the fireworks Russell!

No worries. If I can put out a neighbors burning yard I can put out a burning display. Don't "remember" how the neighbors yard got torched, but I heroically put it out and got away before anyone saw me there...:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Uhhhh.....it was pretty close to being enough last time, just so we dont have to run around the room after you again, I mean your body hair has just now started growing back.....SUPERVISION.....WE dont need no stinkin' supervision.....LOL......

Robert I have 2 10# fire extinguisher that I will bring with me, just in case...

firewhatfire

Is anyone interested in some Spanish cedar. I also have some oak, maple and mahogany on the truck to bring. It will be on the back of my truck for those that want it. May even try and dg out some Iroko and poplar

Phil

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Phil

Are these pen blanks or logs? If they are logs, I am interested in the cedar...

Robert

Is anyone interested in some Spanish cedar. I also have some oak, maple and mahogany on the truck to bring. It will be on the back of my truck for those that want it. May even try and dg out some Iroko and poplar

Phil

firewhatfire

scrapwood001.jpg

scrapwood002.jpg

Lee K

I reminded the MRS again that I will be NOT HOME ALL DAY ... so, looking forward to my birthday present to myself (watching CA and casting demos ... haha)

leestoresund

Great demo by Brooks803 and nice to meet his wife Shea.
Probably worth the trip for those who traveled from far away places, like Albany, and Alabama and Virginia and Tennessee.

Lee

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Once again, I am happy that the group was able to get together and share our pen turning experiences, get some free blanks, sell some stuff, and see some really great demo's. Our visitors were impressed with the meeting (thanks everyone for bathing this week and wearing shirts and shoes for the meeting, we go back to the regular dress code next meeting), and for the most part the translator did not have to do too much work.

I want to thank all of the folks who travelled to make this meeting a true Southeast meeting! We appreciate all of the folks coming down and checking out the Georgia chapter!

I think our next meeting will have a bunch of new PR blanks poured by some first time blank makers, and I look forward to see what they come up with.

I cannot wait to try the new finish that Russell was demonstrating, it looks great after it is polished.

Tentative dates for the 12th and 13th meetings will be September 17th, and December 17th, so plan on coming out! Remember if you have a demo you would like to do, or you would like to see, please let me know what it is!!!

Again, thanks to the Woodcraft folks for making the facilities available to us, and allowing us to meet at such a fine facility.

papaturner

Allow me to chime in and say without a doubt the best meeting to date.
A huge thank you to Robert and Robin you did a great job as usual.
Thanks to Woodcraft for the great hospitality they always do themselves proud.

Thanks to Jonathan for an outstanding demo on acrylics and Russell for a great job on the new Fast Stick CA finish (This is gonna work )

It was great to see all the regulars and to meet all the special guest Ya`ll come back now!:biggrin:

Once again it was a great meeting!

firewhatfire

Well besides locking my keys in my truck and having to call roadside assistance it was a great trip. Back home in Alabama getting my list ready, did someone say this hobby was a vaccuum?

Enjoyed meeting everyone

Phil

Thanks

Thank you Rojo22 and ALL the members of the SE group to allow us foreigners to visit. I really enjoyed meeting and talking with several of you and putting a face and handshake to a forum name. Jonathan did a great job on the acrylic demo and Shea helped keep him in line :wink: it was well worth the trip down from Tennessee. It was great meeting Constant also and will be doing some business there very soon. Now I got to go order some Acrylic and get pouring:biggrin:

EarlD

Thanks from Albany

Folks, I really enjoyed meeting y'all and yes, the 7 hour trip (total both ways) was well worth it. The demos were very informative as well as interesting and very well done. Thanks to everyone who worked hard to organize this.

EarlD

Drstrangefart

Meeting was great, everyone there was cool. Brooks is an awesome dude, and I will be enjoying his mistakes for MONTHS. Already got a couple of pens out of them. Thanks to everyone that had blanks and stuff, if you're on a razor thin budget, they're a real blessing.

Brooks803

Had a great time! I hope everyone was able to take a apart of what I did home to experiment with and put to good use. Always happy to get to see everyone again. Thanks to Fred, Richard, Fred for taking that extra mile (literally!) to make it to the meeting. It was great to meet you as well as all the 1st timers in the GA area. I look forward to the next meeting! Shea had a blast as well and was blown away at the hospitality!

firewhatfire

Someone had pencil cob corn cobs at the demo. I got a couple to try and promptly destroyed all but the top half of 1 of em. Anyone know who and if they had any left?

Phil

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Hey

I am afraid to say I did not write down the links that Jonathan provided for all of the goodies he uses (I was trying not to keep the camera from running). Can someone please post the links to the "make up" shades, and the other links that were provided. PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE!

Thanks
Robert

Top Bottom