11th Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
The 11th Chapter Meeting will be held at Woodcraft on June 18th, 2011 from 10am to 3:30pm or whenever we get tired of talking about pens. I hope this is a great date for everyone, and we have a good showing.

WE NEED SOME DEMO VOLUNTEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philip_TOPS

Rojo22,

I am new to IAP and to penturning (only finished about a dozen slimlines so far). But would be very interested in attending. I know have a lot to learn and it is great to see that there are other in the area with similar interest. Are there any events before June that I should be aware of.

Thank you in advance,

Philip

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ladies and Gentlemen....err and the rest of you....

I have the great distinction of introducing our first demo of the June meeting! Coming from an exotic land to the east, comes Jonathan, casting savant and fellow pen turner! Once again, if the Georgia border patrol lets him in, Jonathan will be doing a casting demo for the morning demonstration! I hear there is a pressure pot, and fumes involved, so count me in....

Thanks Jonathan, and we look forward to seeing the demo!

Brooks803

Thanks Robert! I'm also trying to gather some people to come out with me, my wife being one of them. The pressure pot will mainly be there to make me look cool. Don't intend on any pressure casting, but I can reference to it and hopefully seal away the fumes while the blanks are curing. Can't wait!

Russell Eaton

I was luck enough to demo a new product for Stick Fast glue today. I might want to show the group a smokin' fast ca finish. I tried it today and sanded to 600 grit, no mm and it looks incredible. The glue is designed for finishing and has a longer work time. It looks like it will be a hit. Let me know if there is a desire to see it I will do a quick demo. It is super fast.

Steve Busey

I was luck enough to demo a new product for Stick Fast glue today. I might want to show the group a smokin' fast ca finish. I tried it today and sanded to 600 grit, no mm and it looks incredible. The glue is designed for finishing and has a longer work time. It looks like it will be a hit. Let me know if there is a desire to see it I will do a quick demo. It is super fast.

Bring it on, Russell - sounds intriguing!

BKelley

Jonathan,

I saw a beautiful pen in a Georgia State Highway Patrolman's shirt pocket, could that possibly have been a bribe to let a certain South Carolinian into the Great State of Georgia!! Bring some nice goodies with you.

Ben

Guest??

Ladies and Gentlemen....err and the rest of you....

I have the great distinction of introducing our first demo of the June meeting! Coming from an exotic land to the east, comes Jonathan, casting savant and fellow pen turner! Once again, if the Georgia border patrol lets him in, Jonathan will be doing a casting demo for the morning demonstration! I hear there is a pressure pot, and fumes involved, so count me in....

Thanks Jonathan, and we look forward to seeing the demo!

Rojo- I am a newbe pen turner and very interested in hearing Jonathans presentation. Do you allow guest from Tennessee to come in?? I promise no UGA jokes and no Orange & White shirts :)

Russell Eaton

Richard you are more than welcome. Be sure to get your passport stamped at the state line. I think the 1 day passes are free. Just kidding. we would be glad to have you,

leestoresund

Are we now having contests to see who comes from farthest away?

We just recognized that NO ONE came her except from Georgia, changed our name, and now people want to come from all over!

Global warming?

Lee LOL

Drstrangefart

Thanks Robert! I'm also trying to gather some people to come out with me, my wife being one of them. The pressure pot will mainly be there to make me look cool. Don't intend on any pressure casting, but I can reference to it and hopefully seal away the fumes while the blanks are curing. Can't wait!

Please, PLEASE bring another mountain of those blanks you were not-so-happy with that were selling for a buck. I've been learning a buttload off of them.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Rojo- I am a newbe pen turner and very interested in hearing Jonathans presentation. Do you allow guest from Tennessee to come in?? I promise no UGA jokes and no Orange & White shirts :)

Richard

You just made the 3 week quarantine deadline, so I think if you fill out a form and turn it in, they probably would let you in! Besides, I am more of a Black and Gold fan myself....

We love to have folks from all over come on down! If you need any information or help let me know.

PS- We will have an interpreter for the presenter from South Carolina available for you!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader

Russell

Looks like we have our second demo for the day! Is this a product that Woodcraft carries? I would like to know, so I can tell them to order extra to have on hand to sell! Let me know if you need someone to turn a decent pen for you to finish....LOL....

Brooks803

Cool! I hope you are able to come out Richard, it'd be great to get to meet you.

Are we now having contests to see who comes from farthest away?

We just recognized that NO ONE came her except from Georgia, changed our name, and now people want to come from all over!

Global warming?

Lee LOL

LOL...don't count on TN just yet Lee. I have it on good authority that we might get a visitor from Virginia as well :wink:

Please, PLEASE bring another mountain of those blanks you were not-so-happy with that were selling for a buck. I've been learning a buttload off of them.

I think I've got a bit left of those Allan, and I'll try to remember to bring you those cards too.

Looks like the pressure's on now :befuddled::bulgy-eyes::hypnotized::beat-up: Not only do I get to try and show my stuff to the regulars, but potentially 3-4 out of towners that are making a special trip to see this demo. I'll try not to let anyone down!

Last edited:

Brooks803

Richard

You just made the 3 week quarantine deadline, so I think if you fill out a form and turn it in, they probably would let you in! Besides, I am more of a Black and Gold fan myself....

We love to have folks from all over come on down! If you need any information or help let me know.

PS- We will have an interpreter for the presenter from South Carolina available for you!

Good point Robert, we wouldn't want anything to get lost in translation :alien:

Russell Eaton

Russell

Looks like we have our second demo for the day! Is this a product that Woodcraft carries? I would like to know, so I can tell them to order extra to have on hand to sell! Let me know if you need someone to turn a decent pen for you to finish....LOL....
Robert

I would be honored to put a GOOD finish on one of YOUR pens for you...:cool:
Just make sure it is ROUND:biggrin:. This is a product that Woodcraft is selling and I think that Steve has some on order all ready. I have a couple of sample bottles that I have been playing with, it works good.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I would be honored to put a GOOD finish on one of YOUR pens for you...:cool:
Just make sure it is ROUND:biggrin:. This is a product that Woodcraft is selling and I think that Steve has some on order all ready. I have a couple of sample bottles that I have been playing with, it works good.

Russell

Does the product fill in the teeth marks and sanding lines well.....If not, dont bother waiting on one of my pens....LOL....

I don't think I or Jonathan will have any trouble understanding each other or any of our host... But we may need translation for the visitor from Virginia :) that's gettin' awfully far North.

firewhatfire

I dont think I will be the one coming the longest distance(Alabama), but I may be the only one who has never seen acrylic in a liquid state. So I hope to learn the most.

Phil

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Ladies and Gentlemen

I have heard from the great and faraway state of VIRGINIA!! Fred (PtownSubbie) may be coming down to our humble gathering bring in his silicon molds. For those of you interested in buying the silicon molds, Fred is going to be bringing some down with him, so you will save some on the shipping.

From Fred:

Most of the molds are shown on my website but some are only in my gallery. I have included links to both below.

http://www.luv2turn.com/siliconemold.html
http://www.penturners.org/photos/index.php?c=1&u=8314

Thanks for the help with this and I look forward to meeting all of you crazy guys from the South!

Fred

Last edited:

PTownSubbie

Ladies and Gentlemen

I have heard from the great and faraway state of VIRGINIA!! Fred (PtownSubbie) may be coming down to our humble gathering bring in his silicon molds. For those of you interested in buying the silicon molds, Fred is going to be bringing some down with him, so you will save some on the shipping.

From Fred:

Most of the molds are shown on my website but some are only in my gallery. I have included links to both below.

http://www.luv2turn.com/siliconemold.html
http://www.penturners.org/photos/index.php?c=1&u=8314

Thanks for the help with this and I look forward to meeting all of you crazy guys from the South!

Fred

I am coming down for the casting tutorial more than the molds. However if bringing some molds will save some shipping expenses then I am all for it. If anyone is interested in any molds, just let me know via PM and I will have them with me when I come down.

I have been wanting to see one of Jonathon's casting demos for some time and I don't think he is going to make it up North so I have to make it South. Since Jonathon was gracious enough to offer me a place to lay my head, it makes my trip that much more possible. Thanks Jonathon & Shea!

Based on the number of responses in this thread, you guys have a large contingency of folks in the area. I am interested in meeting you all and putting a face to the name on the screen.

So am I crazy? Maybe it was too many PR fumes......

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Fred

We look forward to seeing you. I hope the decompression of the overnight stay at Jonathon's is enough to regulate you for the Georgia experience. We have translators on standby, and even made a jug of unsweet tea.......

PTownSubbie

Fred

We look forward to seeing you. I hope the decompression of the overnight stay at Jonathon's is enough to regulate you for the Georgia experience. We have translators on standby, and even made a jug of unsweet tea.......

Haha....LOL!! I lived somewhat close to the south for 3 years in Charleston, SC. Spent some time in Kings Bay also.

I speak some Southern but it has been years.....:wink::biggrin:

Thanks for the message Lee. I really wish I could make it, but I work most Saturdays from around 9 to 3. Next time you guys have a meeting, I'll make sure to request that day off.

firewhatfire

Would the insurance issue if you told them you had a 9-1-1 supervisor on site to supervise?:rolleyes:

Phil

We arent going to have to put anything out with a fire extinguisher like the last time are we? The 911 system already has us on probation.......[/QUOTE]

Brooks803

I've had some training with fire extinguishers...always remember the acronym PASP: Pull Aim Spray & Pray! Looking forward to the fireworks Russell!

Top Bottom