10th Georgia Chapter Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BKelley

Just returned from the 10th Georgia Chapter meeting . Steve did a great job on the demo on 1 piece slim line pens (Vickie stopped me as I was on the way to my dog house and wanted to know "where the dickens are you going with my food coloring?) As always Lee did a good job, showing us about the Beall Treen Mandrel Both demos rate a "Good Show" Award. The members had some fabulous pens on display. I spent a little time with Jonathan from South Carolina and managed to get a beautiful golden blank from him. Robin had some unusual pens made using fabric. She promised me a blue bird at our next meeting, this pleased the one who must be obeyed and soothed the way for my spending way too much with Woodcraft. Thank everyone and especially Woodcraft's Steve Quehl for furnishing us a place to meet and the coffee and donuts. Looking forward to next meeting in June.

Ben

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Beasley

HEH! Dale wanted to try that coloring technique so we went to Kroger and found some gel food color to try out. I think this will be a good way to color wood segments for inlays. It'll be interesting to see how far the color actually penetrates. Think of a Celtic knot with one color on one side and another on the opposite of the insert.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Yeah, my wife wants to make sure she knows where I really went! I need my alibi evidence!!!! :wink:

Brooks WHO? Never Heard of em'.....

You guys know I have been busy trying to get the photo/fabric demo together for ROBIN....LOL.....

Hey guys, it has been a very hectic couple of weeks, so I apologize for the photo delay. I am in the middle of completing a club project for the Gainesville symposium (A complete tea setting for four including a tilt top table with a marquetry top, photos to come on that eventually as well), getting ready for a class up at John C Campbell....and oh yeah, work, trying to finish the shop, getting the house ready to paint...blah, blah, blah....I wish there were two of me...but I am not sure I would get along with myself...LOL.....

I have finally gotten the Georgia version of the IAP logo done, and plan on getting some things together to give to Woodcraft, to let them know we meet in their building. Hopefully by next meeting I will have this done as well.....Maybe even get a few shirts made up if there is enough interest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom