Spring Meeting in SW Missouri

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Our meeting will be March 21 at the Republic Regional Library (near Springfield) from 10:00-3:00. Demos on pr casting and turning Pentel Pencils. Door prizes, pen blank swap, buying and selling, show and tell. Email sent to all members. If you did not get it, post here and I will send it to you. See you in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
SW MO meeting

Our Spring meeting was a great success today. We had 23 folks from three states. Hugh Marshall and George Clark did great jobs with their respective demos. We are planning a fall picnic meeting in the September/October time frame. Thanks to Hut, Kallenshaan Woods, and several members for great door prizes! If you are in driving distance of Springfield, plan to come to the picnic!

cigarman

:biggrin:What a blast, Thanks to Freddy, Hugh, George and the rest. Great demos and the prizes were fantastic. LOML and I had a great time and are looking forward to the next time. Sorry about Rifleman missing this just to go to Hawaii :tongue:.

MikeInMo

It was good to meet everyone. I wish I could have been there the entire time.

Thank you to all of the door prize donors! You were all very generous.

I think I heard Larry is going to feed everyone bbq for $26.95 at the picnic. You can't beat $1 a person for pulled pork and all of the fixins. If enough show up, maybe we can get it down $0.50/person. :biggrin::tongue::biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

massmans

Finally getting time to reply. Been really busy at work.

I had a great time and even went out and bought some gold flake and poured some stoppers.

Here are some of my own PR stoppers and some with embedded objects.
http://www.massmans.org/zen/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=77

I wanted to send the link to the "wolverine" hand made system that I made.
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pdf/ShopBuiltJig.pdf

Thanks again for organizing the great event and cant wait until the Sept meeting.

steve

hughbie

steve, here is a pic of what i modeled my sharpening system after. the cross bar gets removed when not needed

Attachments

• SharpeningJig006.jpg
    SharpeningJig006.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 209

massmans

Looks great. I actually just bought the Jet wet grinder (tormek) clone. We had a member get out of woodturning and sold it at a bargain price. So I wont be using my hand made setup unless i am changing shapes.

steve, here is a pic of what i modeled my sharpening system after. the cross bar gets removed when not needed

Top Bottom