Our Next Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Our next meeting is Saturday, March 17 tentatively scheduled at the Rosewood Archery Shop in Halltown, MO. Rosewood Archery Shop is just off Exit 58 On I-44. Halltown is about 19 miles west of Springfield. The meeting will start at 10:00 AM and stop at 3:00 PM with a break for lunch. If you are on the mail list you should receive details via email. If you have not then pm me here to let me know. I will confirm with Rosewood Archery and post changes, if any, closer to the meeting date.
Freddie

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

john__tucker

Picnic

Hey all,

I recently joined the association, however I go to the picnic every year. Larry was going to send me the details but may have forgotten. Are we doing the blank swap, do we need to bring money for lunch or a 2 liter or both? Any details would be appreciated.

Thank you
John Tucker

massmans

Here is the email I got from Freddie this week.

Hello Everyone,

It's Picnic Time!! Our annual picnic is Saturday, September 18 at the Northwood Pavilion at Lake Springfield. Here are the driving directions for those who have not attended (or those who have forgotten):

Location: Northwoods Pavilion, Lake Springfield, Springfield, MO

Directions: From Springfield take Highway 65 south to the Evans Road exit. Exit right and turn right onto Evans Road and go 2.5 miles to the entrance to the Lake Springfield Park. Before you arrive at the park entrance you will go past the coal fired power plant, cross the bridge around the end of the Lake and go up a slight hill to the Park entrance. Turn right into the park and go 1 mile to the new Boathouse. The entrance to the pavilion site is across from the Boathouse (turn left through the gate to go up the hill to the pavilion). Watch for small directional signs along the way.

We have several demos lined up about turning pens including how to turn laser cut kits by Tim Nicholas of WoodnWhimsies. We have door prizes to give away. We have lunch (grilled Brats and Dogs, chips) for $5.00 per person. The only other cost is a $5.00 fee per family unit to offset the cost of the pavilion rental ($80.00) and supplies (cups, napkins, ice, etc).

We will have a pen blank swap. If you want to participate, bring two good pen blanks and you will take home two good pen blanks. We will use a ticket draw for the blank swap and the door prizes. Please bring a 2 liter bottle of soda or some bottled water to share. We will have ice, cups, plates, etc.

I would like to have a Show n' Tell table also. Bring samples of your work to display and you can say anything you like about them or just display them. Pens, bottle stoppers, bowls, pepper mills, etc. Bring anything you would like.

I need some, who can, to arrive 45 minutes early to help with the set up (moving of tables, tables cloths, etc.). If you can come early let me know ( I am still limited on physical work because of my knee surgery and just being a tad lazy to go along with it!). So come help if you can.

The Picnic will start at 10;00 and end at 3:00. If you have things you would like to sell or swap bring them on. There are plenty of tables for you to set up shop. This year WoodnWhimsies will not be bringing items to sell but Tim has offered to bring anything you order in advance to save you shipping. You can order at www.woodnwhimsies.com.

I hope this covers it. If you have questions just send me a note. I hope to see you on the 18th.

Freddie Pike
Bolivar, MO 65613

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Hi John,
Sorry to have missed sending you the email. If you will send me your email address by PM I will add you to the list. I accidently erased all my names and had to rebuild the list and must have missed yours. Hope to see you Saturday.

Hey all,

I recently joined the association, however I go to the picnic every year. Larry was going to send me the details but may have forgotten. Are we doing the blank swap, do we need to bring money for lunch or a 2 liter or both? Any details would be appreciated.

Thank you
John Tucker

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks to all who attended todays annual Penturners Picnic. We had 21 turners from four states (Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, and Iowa). Thanks to the vendors who furnished door prizes. Everyone who attended received a door prize. That was nice. Next meeting in March. See you there.

PS22

October Meeting???

I'm a new member....is there an October meeting?

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Hi,
Because we have members from about four different states, we only meet twice a year. September and March are our meeting months so we will not meet again until the third Saturday in March. If you will use the PM function on the site and send me your email address I will add you to my mailing list for the local group. I usually send messages just prior to each meeting.

Top Bottom