Hello from Norwood, MO

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dale

Hello you all. I am Dale and I live in Norwood.
I have just started making pens. It is quite a hobby, If I was rich I would make them all day long.
Ive have made my 8th pen. So you can see how new I am.
What are the things a person should know about joining the Southwest MO club? What are if they are the cost of joining?
I see that you are meeting in Springfield in Sept.

dale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wild Turkey

Dale, Welcome to the IAP and to the Missouri Chapter as well. There are no fees, or anything that will empty your pockets except for the pen turning addiction. Look under the Chapters forum and you can find us. By the way Freddie, our leader< is a pastor as well so you two have a ton in common. Welcome again.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Hello Dale. I am not from MO but I do want to greet you!

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. Hope it helps.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
I see you found us! Great. If you want to be added to our email mailing list for the local chapter you can send me a private message with your email address and I will add you to my list. That way you will get all the updates about the upcoming meeting in September. By-the-way, there is a little wood shop in Springfield called "The Wood Gallery" that has pen parts and some pen blanks. It is on East Sunshine in the Southen Hills strip mall (behind Burger King) about 4-5 blocks west of Highway 65. Welcome!

hughbie

welcome as well!!!!!
ray at the wood gallery is real good people.......OP Hardwoods also carries some pen kits and stuff.......they also have beautiful woods.....pen blank size all the way up to board feet of the stuff......and some burls now and then
again, welcome.....and no charge for any of that....yet

TowMater

Welcome Dale!

Make sure you get to the meeting in September, lots of great door prizes and good information to be had. Lots of folks bring materials to buy/trade as well!

Todd

Top Bottom