What worked, what didn't

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'd like to see some of the participants in our meeting enter their thoughts.

We "passed the pen" and talked.

How'd it go - ask the guys who were there. Will they come back??? THAT is the question we need to answer.

LabTrnr

I think the meeting went well and was a good start. Just to be able to share ideas with other penturners makes it worth while. I can think of several demonstrations I'd like to see at future meetings.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
We had the first Central Texas Chapter meeting today and it went quite well. Some of the things we did that seemed to work well:

We had a "Live Show Off Your Pens Forum". I set up a table with a white sheet covering and and sign with the above on it. I also created a bunch of business size cards with blanks to fill in for pen info. It included IAP Handle, Material, Kit, and Finish. I had everyone fill a card out for each pen they displayed.

We sat around admiring each others work while everyone got there. We then all went to a local BBQ joint and had lunch together. That way a lot of fun.

Next we came back and I did a CA finishing demo and followed that up with a "Worthless Wood" casting demo. Next George Butcher did a little demo on his new Beal Pen Wizard.

After that we did a pen swap where we each put 2 of our best blanks on the table. We drew numbers and each picked a blank in numerical order and then went through a second time.

Lastly, I asked for everyone's number back and asked them to remember their number. I drew a number from the hat and the winner received a single pen display box I made and had laser engraved with the Chapter Logo.

We had 13 people show up and I think everyone had a good time and we all learned something. We will certainly do it again soon!

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Our March meeting was a big success, as I saw it. We had over 40 folks attend and all seemed to enjoy what they saw and could participate in. We had a demo by the chapter president and it went well but took a lot of time to complete. We need ideas of what has worked for other chapters and suggestions for meeting agendas. With nearly 90 people on the email list we have a big potential for fun meetings.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Our March meeting was a great success as well. We held it at Bad Dog Burls, we had 3 or 4 lathes set up and spent the day turning, surrounded by pallet loads of Aussie burls. Rob Doyle put on some brisket and chicken and we all had a great time.

Top Bottom