Scottsdale/Phoenix AZ Chapter-anyone interested? - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > IAP Management Team > Local Chapter Manager
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Local Chapter Manager Ed Brown (ed4copies) is the IAP Local Chapter Manager

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default Scottsdale/Phoenix AZ Chapter-anyone interested?

Hello,
I live in Scottsdale, AZ and have seen these Chapter groups forming/meeting for a while and I don't believe we have a Scottsdale/Phoenix group.

Is anyone interested in meeting?

Nicholas Frederick
Nickfff is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-17-2011, 12:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 6

There's an event this Friday night as part of the Desert Woodturning Roundup in Mesa at the Mesa Convention Center.

Jason
jclark58 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-17-2011, 01:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark58 View Post
There's an event this Friday night as part of the Desert Woodturning Roundup in Mesa at the Mesa Convention Center.

Jason
Jason,
Good point, the challenge is I have another commitment this weekend. We should think about getting a group going in AZ. I'll bet there are alot of AZ pen turners...
Nickfff is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2011, 01:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark58 View Post

Jason
Nicholas, I am driving down from Show Low to Mesa friday and plan on spending the weekend shopping and enjoying some nice restaraunts and of course will make the friday evening meeting between 6 and 8pm. I was hoping on meeting some members of the local turning club and thought about once a month, making a weekend trip to the big city which would include making their monthly meetings!

Having a monthly meeting of penturners wouldn't be half bad in itself and I would be willing to travel a few miles.... assuming there are places my wife can shop while I talk woodworking!

Are either of ya'll planning on making the friday get together? Vendors will be setup by early afternoon friday so buying some turning goodies is also a possibility!

Texatdurango is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 4

George I know the local wood stores have been kind in offering some of the woodworking clubs a place to meet. I will be there tomorrow and hope to see you and some others.
Jerry
Seer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
George I know the local wood stores have been kind in offering some of the woodworking clubs a place to meet. I will be there tomorrow and hope to see you and some others.
Jerry
I'll be easy to spot, I'll be the ruggedly handsome tall gentleman with the slightly graying hair and a pocketfull of pens. Oh wait...... that could be anyone!

See ya there.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Product Reviews Manager

Photos: 49

Damn, too short of notice or I would have considered a trip out there. Maybe I can catch a future meeting out that way.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

So................ from the interest shown, may I assume there are only four pen turners in the greater Phoenix area OR.... is everyone just bashful, anti-social, too busy to reply or just really don't care to try to get some get togethers in place?

I'm in for meeting other pen turners and the drive from Show Low was really a nice scenic drive down through the salt river canyon.

I got to meet a few local folks and one from Alaska last night at the convention center but time slipped away and I didn't get a chance to meet a few others who I think were there or spend much time talking pen turning.

Perhaps next time!

Back in Texas, we got off to a SLOW start with only 4 or 5 turners at our first IAP get together but after a few meetings we were up to over 20 people cramming themselves into our shops and we always had a good time! All it takes is to TALK IT UP...... and others WILL chime in!

Old 02-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 10

Sorry I missed the round up. I am up for a meeting. I have 3 little ones and baseball is about to start up ( all 3 are playing this year) so my schedule is a bit tight but if I can make I would love to talk shop with folks.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Photos: 77

Shoot, I missed the roundup too. I'm up for meetings or get togethers or just learning stuff.

My REWARDS will be in direct proportion to my EFFORTS.
Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads