Minnesota

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tripletsdad1

hi eric i'd be interested bob, sorry computer idiot at work couldn't delete this message
so lets go with the first message and forget this one

Last edited:

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
UPDATE 09/15/2008

To form a Chapter, you need a minimum of 5 people committed to participate in at least one meeting per year. More meetings are encouraged, but each group may set its own meeting frequency.

Once you have 5 members ready to roll and want to set up your first meeting, contact me and I will set up a sub-forum for your Chapter. Keep in mind that the Chapter sub-forum is not a substitute for the rest of the IAP forums but simply a location to post Chapter specific activities.

tripletsdad1

hi eric since it seems there are only two of us here in mn we should be rich lol
my 16 yr old son also turns pens would like join so that makes three ( could we get a ruling on this lou !! is it 2 1/2 or three?????? bob

WWAtty

Well, looks like I joined this party waaaayyy late. I've been out of the loop the last year or so.

But if the idea of starting a MN chapter is still going, I would be interested in joining.

Cheers.

RIPPIN45

I was just asking ericw95 about a Minnesota IAP chapter. was wondering about asking the manager at the woodcraft store if we could use their facility. I will post after I have spoken with him. I would be willing to lead the group if that is what it would take to get this started.

RIPPIN45

I called Woodcraft (located on Lyndale Ave. Bloomington) and will talk to Tim the manager on this Thurs. I will also call a place that opened up not too long ago called North Country Woodshop located in Burnsville on Cliff Road (east side of 35W about a 1/4 mile) and see what they have to offer.

RIPPIN45

STOPPED @ WOODCRAFT

I met with Tim the manager of Woodcraft last night. Short version is He is open to letting us us their space. They actually have a shop where they do classes with some lathes, etc. We can use their facility, use the machinery for demos and he would place an ad for us in thier flyer! I asked him what they would charge and he said around $ 50.00 for a meeting 1-2 hours. we would need to time it so their other classes are not being held. Please post here and let me know if there would be some interest in March or April. Thanks

WWAtty

I'm up for it. I'll be out of pocket the next few weeks but late March or April works for me.

WWAtty

I should add that weekends are about the only days that will work for me.

RIPPIN45

Woodcraft Classes and avialability for IAP

I will proceed and ask for two dates that are available at the Woodcraft store located in Bloomington. April 7th or 8th they do not have any classes. Tim the manager also said that he would be willing to put an advertisement in their flyer for the class. First meeting, I have some initial thoughts from others threads, what worked and what didn't. We could each bring a pen we have finished and a blank for trade. Bring some ideas as we could also have a demonstration if need be.

RIPPIN45

NEW location possibility!

I spoke with the management at North Country Woodshop located in Burnsville and they would be glad to give us a class room. The first meeting would be free, then from there look for our needs as far as machines, demos, etc. They would also advertise for us. This opens up some dates (which I will post after I work them out with thier classes) and won't be on Easter weekend! More to come.

Randy

RIPPIN45

Trying to set a DATE!!

I phoned North Country Woodshop and asked for a Sat. March 31st date! will wait to hear back from them. Here is the website for the location
www.northcountrywoodshop.com

I will keep posted if this works. they will sponsor the first class for free!

Randy

WWAtty

Looks like a great venue for us. And very nice of them to offer the first meeting free - I hope it works out. March 31st looks good for me.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
As soon as you have a meeting and have chosen either officers or a leader, please let me know so I can addd your chapter to the roster. Good luck with this chapter and if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
Thanks,
Neil

RIPPIN45

We have a DATE set! MARCH 31st 1:30-2:30 pm

I have a date all set for our first meeting! We will be meeting at North Country Woodshop 1170 Cliff Road East Burnsville, MN 55337
SET YOUR CALENDAR March 31st 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm. I would like everyone to bring some of their work (I will have tables set up to show your pens), and your best blank for a blank swap (If you don't have extras, that will be fine). Please post here if you plan on attending so I can get an idea of how many people will be coming ( bring a friend or two!) I have read some of the other threads on what folks have done and will have a format set up (loosely). See you there!

Top Bottom