Milwaukee??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
One of our members is a WoodCraft employee and I believe I can persuade Chris to allow us to meet there once a month or once a quarter (after we know how many are interested, we can work on frequency.

Who would be able to get together on the west side of Milwaukee?

Once a month?
Every other month?
Quarterly?

Thanks for your input!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Meet at Woodcraft?? That will be expensive ;) If it were to be a Friday night, a Saturday, or a Sunday morning or afternoon....

I'd make it down at least quarterly!! Probably wouldn't make monthy, but might make it every other month if it were monthly.

So YES count me as interested!!!!

LabTrnr

I belong to Milwaukee Area Woodturners, we meet at Woodcraft also. I would be interested in a penturners group.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
UPDATE 09/15/2008

To form a Chapter, you need a minimum of 5 people committed to participate in at least one meeting per year. More meetings are encouraged, but each group may set its own meeting frequency.

Once you have 5 members ready to roll and want to set up your first meeting, contact me and I will set up a sub-forum for your Chapter. Keep in mind that the Chapter sub-forum is not a substitute for the rest of the IAP forums but simply a location to post Chapter specific activities.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
While this does count up to six, I am always interested in a margin of error.

How about we get to 10, then start planning???

Who else can make Milwaukee - quarterly, to start???

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ed, I am East of Milwaukee if that helps. Of course I'm about 700 miles or so east of Milwaukee so I'll need you to pick me up for meetings if that is alright. :biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Hey Ed - I assume you'll convince PR_Princess to come too . That makes 7, right?? :) Can you tell I'm looking forward to this ... Hmm who else is in WI?

doeringr

Count me in

Just moved to Racine this summer and have been snooping around for other penturners. I'd definitely make it quarterly. Count me in.

hilltopper46

Doeringr, welcome to the area. I'm from Racine, too, well sorta. I work downtown and moved out to East Troy last year. I moved here in 1990 "for a coupla years" and I'm still here. I have a grown daughter and grandchildren in the area so I'll be for a while yet, I guess.

Where do you minister?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Why the condolences princess?

Inside joke, a little early in your tenure as a Racinian.

If you did not attend high school here, you are forever an "alien". But, as a pastor your odds of acceptance are CERTAINLY improved.

Good luck and welcome.
(both to the IAP and to Racine!!)

alphageek

Former Moderator
Ok.. Lets go.. (I have no patience....) :)

When? Chris wrote something about mid-week? That might make this tougher with it being a wider audience?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK, Dean!!

Since you are the official "geek", would you like to "survey our possible members" to determine when the attendance would peak??

Is there a way to make a spreadsheet and attach it to forum e-mail???

Sunday through Saturday across the top
5 PM to 9 PM weekdays
noon to 5PM weekends

And see where the greatest frequency hits???

ONCE EVERY THREE MONTHS!!

We can "massage" dates to try to accomodate, since we are dealing with a dozen or fewer to start.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Sorry Ron - I phrased that wrong.. I need Ed to check his PM.

I've got a shared spreadsheet out there. Like any good tech lead, I want someone non-tech to look at it first. As soon as Ed gets a look at it, we'll post again.

Coming soon.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Dean,

Sent you a private message, but to keep the "troops" aware something IS happening, there was a small problem.

Dean DID attach to forum e-mail -- I was IMPRESSED!!

Unfortunately, my computer read the spreadsheet as BLACK. So a little tweaking will be required.

And I DEFINITELY qualify as a "non-geek" --- one step above "computer illiterate".

alphageek

Former Moderator
I posted the link in the wisconsin forum.... I'm trying to figure out whats going on, but if any wisconsin people want to take a look - any consistancies in issues would be good... Please take a look and send me feedback via PM or the thread I put the sheet into.

Thanks.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Moving along nicely.

Enter your preferences, please.

I have spoken with Chris, we have a definite commitment to meet there, as well as a new member for the IAP (Chris).

He wants to come to our meeting!! You'll like Chris - and he makes a pretty decent pen!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Everybody!!!

Please go to AlphaGeek's spreadsheet and put in your preferences!!!!!

Thanks.

I'd like to have our first meeting in a couple weeks (Maybe Oct 19) so let's try to move along, please!!!!

heinedan

ED,

You can count me in your group also. I was hoping an Il/Chicago group would form, but Milwaukee is a short drive, so what the @%^&*(.!!

Thanks,
Daniel Heine

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Dan,

Sorry you missed out, it would have been nice to have you there.

If you want to send me your e-mail address, I will put you on the "offical" contact list and make sure you kept in the loop via e-mail.

Top Bottom