ARE YOU READY ????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

It's almost time for the Summer Extravaganza to begin and as you can expect, the contest that you have all been waiting for will soon get started, the BALL POINT PEN contest !!!

One day soon Mike will find some time between his morning nap and his afternoon nap to post the official rules for the contest, but nothing much has changed from the past contests. Basically, create your best BALL POINT PEN and get in the contest.

Now, there are plenty of other very fine contests, one where you make a skinny pen, one where you pour some sort of goop into a tube, another where you make some contraption to hold your pen up for everyone to see and more but there is only one BALL POINT PEN contest, so get your creative juices flowing and get out in the shop. The contest will open on August 1st, the line forms to the right, no pushing, shoving or cutting in line please.

Let the fun begin..
Good luck to everyone~
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

I'm still waiting to read your and Bob's account of your trips to SD! Maybe see some pictures.........

Last edited:

bobleibo

Attachments

• cuff links.jpg
    cuff links.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 109
  • golf links.jpg
    golf links.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 108

bobleibo

I'm still waiting to read your and Bob's account of your trips to SD! Maybe see some pictures.........

Account? Pictures? Huh? I was lucky to make it out of town with the shirt on my back. First I got that warm welcome on the movie sign on the way in, then I got lost in your shop among the 1,000 different cool jigs, tools and gadgets while I watched Wayne steal that neat looking folding bench when you weren't paying attention along with a truckload of other things that you might still be hunting for. Then a bit later when I thought the coast was clear, I decided to make a run for the state line. On the way out of town, I spotted Wayne chatting with the town sheriff who had a rope in his hand and these posters hung up all over the place. Now tell me who had time to take pictures! I don't think the folks in your neck of the woods like really tall good looking guys that don't drive a pick-up truck.
Yee Haw!

Attachments

• wanted poster.jpg
    wanted poster.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 136

stonepecker

You had no worries Bob. That black horse you were riding could out run anything in that town. In fact, the Chief of Police was talking to me about how much they needed a new patrol car. The oldest one they had was retired to a open spot just south of town. Kind of like a fake one out on radar duty. :eek:
We were also talking about how quiet Faith is. Not to much crime and very little trouble. Biggest problem there was the lack of any women for the local boy to chase. He even talked about a new motto for the town. "Faith, Where the men are men, and so are the women." :biggrin:

We also spoke about family. Seems the cheif and I have something in common. "Special needs" children. The raising of kids with autisum is something that is always on going. Parents need to talk to eachother.....knowing that each child is different and that different coping methods work on each child seperately. What works for one doesn't always work on the sibilings.

But the nicest thing about Faith is the people. I very seldom have the time in my travels to enjoy the little towns I work in. Taking the time to explore Faith and see what was there.......made for a very enjoyable day.
History of the area. Photos of the past. Dreams for the future. That is something I wish every city and town could/would take the time to explore. To me.......Faith has a bright future. Yes it is off the beaten track. Yes, there is a limited way of life there. But for the people that are looking for a beautiful area to grow.......there are very few places that are better.

I didn't see those wanted posters anywhere. Otherwise I would have grabbed one for my shop wall. :handshake:

Top Bottom