Why are you limiting the number of PITH / Swap participants?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Like it or not, here is why.

The number of participants are being limited to minimize the amount of time and work I have to devote to the PITH / Swap. More people equals more glitches that have to be dealt with. It also means more time to pair them, type out and post the pairings, check eligibility, respond to complaints, etc.

The members like these activities and want more of them. In the past we have had one or two a year. I'd like to offer something each month (except maybe Bash month). Some people like PITHs, some like straight swaps. I'd like to alternate between the two. Some people like the challenge of a theme, some don't. By offering something each month I can change it up each time. I won't be able to do that if I don't limit the amount of time I have to devote to them. No one else has stepped up to run the swaps since Landon has been sidelined. That's not a complaint on my part, just a fact. I'm not asking anyone, nor expect anyone to do so. I'm happy to do it but I'm not going to wear myself out. Like everyone else I really love the IAP, but do have a life outside of it.

I may increase the number of participants this time. 60 didn't kill me so maybe I'll try 80 this time. Think of it as "controlled growth".

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

You mean all that cash and Management SWAG, Jeff throws your way is not enough to ease the pain of a bigger PITH/Swap?:biggrin:

Pete275

I apologize Mike, I didn't mean to hit a sore spot, I was only curious, now I fully understand. I really like the idea of doing swaps more often. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Wayne

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
THERE IS A HINT IN THAT FIRST POST!

He may not be expecting a volunteer but he would probably welcome one or two. Dont like the limited number or entrees? Step right up and volunteer to run one or two.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

He may not be expecting a volunteer but he would probably welcome one or two. Dont like the limited number or entrees? Step right up and volunteer to run one or two.
Mike,

I can tell you this is a great way to put the brakes on a thread!!

Many will make suggestions, exceptionally few will DO anything!!

As an example, look at Landon!! For several years he has added more and more to his IAP contributions---for a while, he will not be able to do these things---SO, Falls back on Mike!!

There is much room on the racetrack----any new thoroughbreds out there???

FWIW,
Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I guess I did derail it didnt I.

Hey! At this rate I may get to run 6 count em 6 Bash activities at this rate. Maybe I will get a gold star next to my avatar if I do.

D.Oliver

I guess I did derail it didnt I.

Hey! At this rate I may get to run 6 count em 6 Bash activities at this rate. Maybe I will get a gold star next to my avatar if I do.

Oh and don't forget you're still on the prize allocation committee too!:eek:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Mike,

I can tell you this is a great way to put the brakes on a thread!!

Many will make suggestions, exceptionally few will DO anything!!

As an example, look at Landon!! For several years he has added more and more to his IAP contributions---for a while, he will not be able to do these things---SO, Falls back on Mike!!

There is much room on the racetrack----any new thoroughbreds out there???

FWIW,
Ed
Trust no one and volunteer for nothing -- the creedo of most of us.

Top Bottom