When should contest entry photos be posted? Please read and vote.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

When should contest entry photos be displayed?

• Photos should be hidden from public view until all entries can be displayed at the same time

Votes: 66 70.2%
  • Photos should be posted as soon as they are received

Votes: 28 29.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
94 members voted in this poll. By an impressive margin, "photos should be hidden from public view until all entries can be displayed at the same time" won. So that is how we will do it. :wink:

So is this how all contests are going to run from now on?

This is how all contests will be run in the foreseeable future. At some point member sentiment may change. As of right now this is what they want so this is what they will get.
Unfortunately too many "rules" about how a contest chair must run their contest may lead to a further shortage of those willing to chair the contest. :frown:

Or willing to even enter it!!:wink:

I really am amazed at the poll results. If I had any doubt that the result would be so daft, then I would have struck up some debate about it,

But hey, Mike has done what was asked of of him and it was good of him to even ask us. Thank you Mike.

Last ditch effort........have another poll that includes the option to leave it up to the contest host/chair...please:biggrin:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
The only universal truth is that no matter what is done, no matter how the contests are run, whether their are many rules or few rules, some people will like the way things are done and others won't. So it comes down to should we do things the way we think best or should we make an effort to find out what the majority of the members want and adjust our thinking to that of the majority? I choose to do the latter.

Individual opinions do not carry as much weight as the collective voice of the membership. Of the two choices given for this poll there was no right or wrong response. In the end it was the one most agreed upon that matters. If I were to run these same polls immediately prior to next years Bash the results might be different, or they might not be. The demographics of the IAP is constantly changing. Our job is to attempt to keep up. I asked these questions now because the Bash has just concluded and everything is still fresh.

This wasn't a close race. By OVER a 2 to 1 margin the members who cared enough about the issue to cast their vote made it real clear how and when they wanted the contest photos posted. If I didn't want to know what they thought I wouldn't have asked. Now that they have told me I am not going to say, well to bad, it's not going to happen that way. But I will ask again.

There are many people who have repeatedly chaired contests during the Bash and at other times throughout the year. I am very grateful for their willingness to give up their time for the benefit of the IAP membership. Without volunteer chair-people there would be no Bash. If those same people decide that they no longer want to assist with the Bash because they are being told to be responsive to the membership and feel they are being forced to do things they don't want to do then I will respect their decision to not participate.

I'll run the poll again with the additional option as requested by Skiprat. It will remain open until the votes trickle to a stop. After all, by doing so we can all know with an even greater degree of certainty how the members want their contest photos posted. :wink: Here is what I predict the outcome will be. Some will like it, others won't. :tongue:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Here is what I predict the outcome will be. Some will like it, others won't. :tongue:

Mike, I think you may be correct!!:biggrin:

But I reckon we should have a poll about your prediction of the poll to make sure!!:tongue:

Ok, ok....I'm going to bed now. I need my beauty sleep!!!!:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom