What did you make from your Pass It Forward goodies?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
There are 3 "Pass It Forward" boxes making their way around the country right now. Most folks have done a good job of posting photos of what they took out of the box, but what did you make with your new goodies?

Use this thread to post photos of something you made from your goodies. Please note the box # and the item you used. Since box #3 also has a "pen passing" element, let's see photos of the pens that you made or received in that game.

I'll start it off with a photo of the pen that I put in the first Box #3 that I sent to TonyChar in Australia. This pen is made from a piece of Huisache (aka Sweet Acacia) from my farm in Meyersville, TX.

Thanks for playing,
Edgar

Attachments

• Huisache.jpg
    Huisache.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 256
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
What I made from Box #2

Actually all I had to do was assemble this thing, but it's so neat that I had to share it.

Tim Swihart (TimS124) put 3 of these SuperGlue Shelf kits in the box at stop #23 and one of them managed to survive until the box got back to me at the end - WooHoo!

This is Tim's own design & product - It's a really neat idea and well done. The kit consists of 4 laser-cut wood parts that snap together and two small hinges & 8 screws to attach it to the wall.

Tim's instructions are clear and simple & it only takes a couple of minutes to snap the parts together & attach the shelf to a wall. The 2.25 oz 2P-10 CA bottles fit perfectly in the holes. The holes are a little too small for 2.5 oz CA bottles, but I've pretty well settled on using 2P-10 as my go-to CA glue, so that's not a problem for me.

I hung mine on the wall next to the work table where I do my glue-ups. I rotated the top part with the holes opposite from Tim's photo because I liked the view of the bottles better that way - I put my 4 bottles of 2P-10 glue & a squeeze bottle of acetone in the shelf. No more losing the bottles or tipping them over on my workbench. :biggrin:

Thanks for putting these in the box Tim & thanks to the 6 folks from 24-29 who let one slide for me.

I don't know if Tim is planning to sell these shelves, but it's a great little product!

Kudos Tim!!
Edgar

Attachments

• Shelf2.jpg
    Shelf2.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Shelf4.jpg
    Shelf4.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 169
  • Shelf3.jpg
    Shelf3.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Shelf1.jpg
    Shelf1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 147

alankulwicki7

Actually all I had to do was assemble this thing, but it's so neat that I had to share it.

Tim Swihart (TimS124) put 3 of these SuperGlue Shelf kits in the box at stop #23 and one of them managed to survive until the box got back to me at the end - WooHoo!

This is Tim's own design & product - It's a really neat idea and well done. The kit consists of 4 laser-cut wood parts that snap together and two small hinges & 8 screws to attach it to the wall.

Tim's instructions are clear and simple & it only takes a couple of minutes to snap the parts together & attach the shelf to a wall. The 2.25 oz 2P-10 CA bottles fit perfectly in the holes. The holes are a little too small for 2.5 oz CA bottles, but I've pretty well settled on using 2P-10 as my go-to CA glue, so that's not a problem for me.

I hung mine on the wall next to the work table where I do my glue-ups. I rotated the top part with the holes opposite from Tim's photo because I liked the view of the bottles better that way - I put my 4 bottles of 2P-10 glue & a squeeze bottle of acetone in the shelf. No more losing the bottles or tipping them over on my workbench. :biggrin:

Thanks for putting these in the box Tim & thanks to the 6 folks from 24-29 who let one slide for me.

I don't know if Tim is planning to sell these shelves, but it's a great little product!

Kudos Tim!!
Edgar

I was drooling over those until I realized that my CA bottles wouldn't fit in them. I chose few other things instead....

TimS124

Kudos Tim!!
Edgar

I was drooling over those until I realized that my CA bottles wouldn't fit in them. I chose few other things instead....

Alan,

Which brand and size CA bottles do you use? It's trivial to tweak the dimensions and cut a few more in a slightly larger size. :)

I found when making the original version that CA bottles, even from a single brand, have a surprising amount of variation in their size. That size fit the different brands I had on hand at the time, but clearly there are some bigger bottles so I'm happy to tweak the design...sorry it didn't fit your bottles....

Tim S.

TimS124

Kudos Tim!!
Edgar

The original version of that shelf sits off to the right hand side of my workbench, so the bottles face towards my bench. The shelf parts were designed to be symmetrical to simplify assembly. Being able to make the bottles face to the left or the right is a happy side effect. :)

Thanks for the kind words.

alankulwicki7

Kudos Tim!!
Edgar

Alan,

Which brand and size CA bottles do you use? It's trivial to tweak the dimensions and cut a few more in a slightly larger size. :)

I found when making the original version that CA bottles, even from a single brand, have a surprising amount of variation in their size. That size fit the different brands I had on hand at the time, but clearly there are some bigger bottles so I'm happy to tweak the design...sorry it didn't fit your bottles....

Tim S.

Thanks for the reply, Tim. I sent you a PM....

SteveJ

Here are a couple of pens I made from blanks I got in the PiF Box 2

Both are princess pens and were actually ordered before I got the box. I needed both a blue and a red acrylic of some sort and the box came through for me.

Thanks to whomever put them in the box.

Steve

Attachments

• Blue Princess 1.jpg
    Blue Princess 1.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Blue Princess 2.jpg
    Blue Princess 2.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Red Princess 1.jpg
    Red Princess 1.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 122