Volunteers needed to run 2019 Bash

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its that time of year again. Im looking for volunteers to help run the Birthday Bash coming up in February. :laugh:
Volunteers should be smart but not real bright,:rolleyes: you do need to be able to post pictures in a thread.:eek:
Able to post a poll, (bonus points if you can do it right the first time)
Able to make up answers, correct ones are optional.:)
Generally if you have any of these qualifications or are just a willing warm body that would like to help you can sign up here or send me a Private message.

The contest is in February but we start In Dec reviewing and tweaking the contest rules if needed. We will post the rules in January for public review and input, any changes can be made at that time.

Also if you want to ask questions,or make suggestions about the Bash its ok to post here also.-Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Mike.....I have the kids contests covered.

To the membership...…..Items needed for prize boxes
Glue, Pen kits, small tools. Blanks if you have them.

Kids...….get to the practice lathe and get those skills warmed up.
The prize boxes are going to be bigger and better this year being as it is the 15th year of the IAP. Items include a watch in both first place boxes. Carbide tool with handle blank. And we have several 'special' blanks from noted artists.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Also if you want to ask questions,or make suggestions about the Bash its ok to post here also.-Mike

That question was asked about 7 - 8 years ago when I was still living in Japan, and I offered a "suggestion". A week before the bash without any more communications - it was announced that I was doing that!

I learned to not offer suggestions for bashes after that! :eek: :biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Hmmm Hank did post in this thread, he didnt make any suggestions, I know he wants me to pick one for him!

jttheclockman

Tried to get an answer last year so I will try again this year.

What category of contest would a pen fit in if half the pen is clear cast on tube and the other have is segmented???

You said Bash questions here.:)

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Good question John! And this year I have a better answer.
The Segmented Pen Contest! This year we are introducing the segmenting contest that will allow wood or resin or combinations of each. Casting part of it will be allowed also.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have started a thread for discussion of the upcoming contests. You can get an idea of what we are considering as contests and give us some input as well. Here is the LINK

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We can still use a couple more volunteers for contests. You will need to draft up the rules, answer questions that will come up and at the end of the contest, post pictures and create a poll or polls, for voting by the membership. I can help you will all of the above if you get bogged down.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Would anyone wish to take on the task of soliciting donations? It requires emailing requesting donations, follow up on leads, providing me with a list of the Donors,their prizes and values of the prizes. This position would need to start immediately. Pm me or post here if you wish to take on this job.

Top Bottom