Volunteers Needed for the 2016 Birthday Bash

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its that time of year again when we start the preplanning on the Annual Birthday Bash. If you would like to jump in and help out send me a pm or post in this thread and I will contact you on how to join. We need a few more people to run contests if that sounds like fun to you. You can still join in any of the other contests you dont run or have access to the answers to.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
THe Birthday Bash is a month long celebration of IAP. It is held over the month of February. We hold many Contests for the membership to participate in. There are pen making Competitions for all levels of pen maker, Casting contests, various other contests that dont involve pen making. Pen Stand and Pen Box will be new this year along with Segmenting, there are a couple of photo taking contests etc.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Volunteering to run a contest involves the following.
You will need to post the rules for the contest for review and then for the contest with any changes. We have contest rules from prior years you can use and repost or tweak if you think you have a better way to do it.
You will have to post all of the photo entries on the website and in your contest thread at the close of the contest for entries.
You will have to post one or more Polls for voting on your contest by the membership.
You will need to post the photos and Members info of the winning entries along with the prizes they won after the polls close.
Prize lists, descriptions, and amounts will be provided to you early on in the contests.
You will have to notify the donors of the prizes of the winners info or pass that info back to the prize patrol to notify the donors if the Donor wants only a single list of winners from one source. If its a member donated BOX Of BLanks (refered to as a BOB) you will have to contact that member and pass on the information.

I will be right behind you every step of the way.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We also have A donation drawing where Jeff puts Iap mugs and sometimes other things up for exchange of a Donation. That enters you into the Donation Drawing where alongside the Mugs you could win some very exciting Prizes.

There is also an auction that can bring some very unusual items out for bidding.

Mr Vic

Mike,:bananen_smilies022:

Mike:bananen_smilies008:

Mike :bananen_smilies068:, Over here Mike. I'll jump on in and lend a hand this year!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Thank you Elkhorn,

That will pretty much complete the volunteers we need. Thank you all that stepped up!

Skie_M

:eek: What have I signed myself up for? :crying: Teehehe :cool:

A month and a half of hard backbreaking work involving tears, sweat, and blood, handling the hopes and dreams of dozens of IAP members while fighting against the rage of electrons that rebel against being manipulated to our will ...

You shall labor to produce a champion of the masses from this sea of despair, and you will do the best job you can with the measly tools we can provide you. We wish you luck! You will need it! :)

edit:

Don't feed the Derek!

Mr Vic

Mike,

On behalf of my self and the other newbie volunteers, are we allowed to enter contests other then the ones we running. Not that it seems like I have time these days but thought I should ask. Could always have a Best looking contest runner contest or better yet An ugly Contest Moderator Contest. I volunteer to run it

Skie_M

Mike,

On behalf of my self and the other newbie volunteers, are we allowed to enter contests other then the ones we running. Not that it seems like I have time these days but thought I should ask. Could always have a Best looking contest runner contest or better yet An ugly Contest Moderator Contest. I volunteer to run it

PLEASE don't feed the Derek .... :frown:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You are allowed to enter other contests you are not running other than trivia or any puzzle contest you may have access to the answers to.

Top Bottom