Turn for Troops challenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
I'm a big believer that we should do as much as we can in support of our troops.

Therefore.

The Wisconsin Chapter has decided to have a workshop at our next meeting on Sept 8. We will be turning Pens for Troops on that day. We will be turning Slimlines and Comfort pens.

Here's the challenge.

What Chapter, individual or other group can turn more pens for them than we do? Deadline for this challenge is Oct 1. Don't forget pictures.

Now for the big prize. Bragging rights saying "We beat than Wisconsin"

Just post the number of pens along with a picture on this thread. If you want you can send us your pens and I will see that they get shipped to the proper place.

Who's up to the challenge?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Troop pens are my favorite reason to go to the shop and turn......I will see how many I can do this year...I bet I myself will match what your chapter will do in September of course it will take me all year.......:biggrin: so the challenge is on......

If you need kits, PM me. (You won't beat the price:biggrin::biggrin:)

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Troop pens are my favorite reason to go to the shop and turn......I will see how many I can do this year...I bet I myself will match what your chapter will do in September of course it will take me all year.......:biggrin: so the challenge is on......

If you need kits, PM me. (You won't beat the price:biggrin::biggrin:)

Hey, no far helping the competition. Who's side are you on? :eek:
Just kidding. The more pens we can turn for them the better.
:usflag:

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Our meeting isn't until Sept 9th.

I'll let everyone know the count as soon as the dust clears.

Lets everyone get busy and turn lots of pens for our servicemen ans women. This is the least we can do.

If anyone turns pens and doesn't know where to send them, send them to me and I'll make sure they go to the proper place.

Thanks.

kovalcik

Our turning club is doing a pens for the troops challenge in Sept. Our local Woodcraft is giving a free slimline kit for each finished pen that comes in. I don't know if it is just our local store or all of them.

We are only a small group, but I will take the challenge. Will post how we end up. (I just hope someone keeps count.)

Last edited:

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I am still trying to get some kits but sure I can meet the challenge. May take a few friends to acomplish though.

mdm0829

I have 30 ready to turn in at Woodcraft in November. On vacation in October so I will see how many total I can do. If that cute little granddaughter of mine didn't come over so often,I might get more done. Maybe she an show me how to post a picture

Top Bottom