Support Our Troops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
First off, NO POLITICS. This is to support the troops serving in harm's way.

Ken Ferrell (bitshird) is your point of contact for this activity.

Say folks isn't it about time we show our friends and family and strangers in the military how much we appreciate what they are doing? I know this crusty old leatherneck that has this thing about sending pens to service men and women, and he's already agreed to handle the delivery of some pens to our armed forces.
This is not connected to the pens for troops projects, this is just something that Neil "Wolftat" has done on a frequent basis,(please don't let it out that he's a nice guy)
It's not how good you are, how much you can spend on a kit, it's about showing we think about these people that are in truth defending our way of life.
I've cleared this with our esteemed dancing Leprechaun "Cav" and I guess he will arange where to post this,
Just reply to the appointed place with what you have, and I'll see that we get the pens to Wolftat' I think he will give us his shipping address when we respond to the post.
T hanks to every one that contributes, and if some would like to but can't afford it. I'm sure some of us can donate a kit or two and some blanks.
I would caution against sending any antler and Cartridge or cartridge pens in any form, I've heard some get to bring them back and some have to stay over seas.
Don't be embarrassed to ask for a bit of help, these are gifts that are coming from people that care,
Thanks
Ken Ferrell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Guys you can contact me here and I'll let you know where to send the pens, I just volunteered Neil to do the shipping since he does this every few months and knows how to get them where they do the most good. PM me and I'll get you the place to ship them

Rick_G

Rick,

If you wish to start an activity here on the IAP, that is certainly fine. Let me know, show me a write up and if appropriate we will post it.

Or, if you wish to mention the activity from another site in Casual Conversation, that is certainly acceptable.

I prefer to keep this activity on topic, and hope you are not offended by this editing.

Cav

Last edited by a moderator:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Mack,

Please see my edit of Rick's post. If you and he wish to start an IAP activity for Canadian troops, write it up and send it to me.

Cav

Last edited by a moderator:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
And to follow up on the last 2 posts, I wanted it to be clear that the pens we send are going to not only the US troops but to all the Allied troops that are working together in that area with this effort.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Here are the pens that have been received so far. The turn out has been great and hopefully will continue. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_4594.jpg
    IMG_4594.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_4597.jpg
    IMG_4597.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_4598.jpg
    IMG_4598.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_4603.jpg
    IMG_4603.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4604.jpg
    IMG_4604.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_4605.jpg
    IMG_4605.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 194

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I want to say thank you to everyone that sent pens in to this project. ALso thanks to Ken for doing this. I just returned home from being in Iraq for a week on business and was able to pass out about 300 pens to the troops, they were both Marines and Army that received them. About half the pens came from IAP and the other half came from the kids at the school that I volunteer at. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of all the pens that arrived and I apologize for that but I was very busy trying to get things ready for this trip. The overall moral of the troops there seemed pretty good.
Thanks again, Semper Fi.

Top Bottom