SUPERBOWL POOL 2015 !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodyoureally

It is now being reported that the interception ball that started this whole thing is the only one that was 2 lbs off. The other 10 balls were 1 lb off (which is well within the range that weather could have affected.) Strange that the only ball the Colts had in their possession is the one that started this whole "scandal". I think Chuck Pagano was on the grassy knoll!

I am a born and raised New England boy and I can honestly say I am terrified of the Seahawks. Not sure the Pats can stop Beast Mode or that they have enough weapons to deal with that secondary and LB corp.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
well I am pretty sure that if you paid someone to design a bleed valve that would leave exactly a certain amount of pressure in a ball, in today's world that could be done. the only trick might be if the officials put a seal of some sort over the fill location.

I do not understand why the NFL does not just take FULL responsibility of ALL the balls, including furnishing them, furnishing the ball boys and their inflation. It certainly would eliminate any questions.
Why not go back to the old method --- home team provided all the balls, new balls were required and both teams used the same balls. I think they still do that for the 'kicking' game footballs. They changed the rule primarily at the behest of Payton Manning (and Tom Brady) to allow quarterbacks the ability to alter the footballs in many ways to give themselves the kind of "feel" they liked best.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I think this debacle is strictly a case of the league creating a place to "cheat" where it was not necessary to the game. They did it because some of the greatest quarterbacks (mostly Payton Manning and Tom Brady) of all time wanted it - they didn't need it but they wanted it to give them an advantage in the record books over quarterbacks who prededed them and set their records under the old rules.

wyone

So little known fact.. the Seahawks have to pay 4.54 % tax on earnings while in AZ. This is because they do not have a state income tax. The Patriots do live in a state with state income tax, so they do not. hmmm Only $19,500 or so for Sherman and $39.000 for Russel Wilson. Pocket change.. lol

magier412

SUPERBOWL TRIVIA QUESTION:
WHAT TEAMS HAVE WON EACH TIME THEY PLAYED IN THE SUPERBOWL?

S E A H A W K S

Last edited:

wyone

So wondering.. if we ALL have packages ready to go when we lose :( :( the game, and send all with small box USPS, does anyone wonder what the mail carrier thinks when suddenly 24 small boxes show up on the same day to one address??? I am thinking my mail carrier would think it was odd.. lol

BSea

So wondering.. if we ALL have packages ready to go when we lose :( :( the game, and send all with small box USPS, does anyone wonder what the mail carrier thinks when suddenly 24 small boxes show up on the same day to one address??? I am thinking my mail carrier would think it was odd.. lol
Based on my experience, that won't happen. It took about 2 to 3 weeks for all the boxes to get to me. I think I had 2 from Canada. Plus, unless you win the quarter for your square, you'll get 25 boxes (Or at least you should).

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

Actually, in most cases it will be 25 boxes. Only if you win the quarter in which your name appears would you not need to send a box to someone. (See mbroberg note in post #1).

bobleibo

I would think that you are going to have a very happy mail carrier when he/she gets that very nice pen that you make for them as your way of saying thank you for delivering all of those boxes so quickly.

KenV

Have friends with the Postal Service -- They think most all the customers tend towards the odd end of the scale. Being the odd person out (yup - I fit right in with all the other customers) and listening to a group of them talking, you get to understand the point.

Top Bottom