Superbowl 2014 Grid

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Please check and make sure your name is on the list! This will be the official list for the 2014 Superbowl blank pool. I will do the normal in game commentary on this thread. Good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• sb.pdf
    28.1 KB · Views: 569
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

I am so confident that I already have half a dozen blanks set aside with a rubber band around them ---- I am totally confident that it will be fun!!!!

Thanks for doing this again!!!!!

Appreciate the effort!!!

wizkid1st

Is the 4th quarter actually the score at the end of the 4th quarter or the Final score? Overtime could cause some confusion...

BSea

4 & 5 I saw the 4 1st, and got somewhat excited. But that 5 is a little tough, but doable for the 3rd quarter. I'd say my chances are pretty slim though.

bobleibo

Hey Ernie,
I think you made a mistake on the team names. It should say Green Bay. And while you're at it, can you correct those numbers you gave me?
Thanks for doing this!
Cheers
Bob

Hey Ernie,
I think you made a mistake on the team names. It should say Green Bay. And while you're at it, can you correct those numbers you gave me?
Thanks for doing this!
Cheers
Bob

Another GB vs KC? Sounds good! Super Bowl I had one of only four quarters with 5, 0!

penmaker1967

if i am reading it right i have 0 and 2 i will get my blanks togeather. LOl bur serious thanks for doing this it is so much fun to be a part of it even if i dont win anything but u never know how it will turn out

southernclay

7-3 sweet! Pulling for low score and Seahawks through first half it looks like

Thanks for putting this together going to make it a fun game

Rodnall

Ernie, when you have time PM me your address so I can send you some blanks for doing this and last years. It looks like I'll be sending blanks to someone else also with 7 & 8. LOL
Thanks for doing this.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
There are no bad numbers! With the top rated defense going against the top rated offense, anything is possible. I do know that i'm sick and tired of seeing Papa John's commercials, even if he is from Louisville!!

bobleibo

Seattle 4 whoever the other team is 6. Should be interesting.

That "other team" is favored by 2 1/2 with the over/under at 48 in Vegas right now which means no one's expecting any kind of blow out.
My prediction is
"other team" - 24
Seattle - 21

....sorry

Last edited:

bobleibo

8 - 3 in the first quarter....

So all I need are four touchdowns or four safeties, eh? :)

I think I might get started finding a few blanks tonight! :biggrin: If only this was the CFL with the single point for kicking it into the endzone! :)

Ernie...correct me if I am wrong (which I never am :eek:)
Your numbers are good for the end of any quarter. The quarter Ernie put you in is the group that you are in to send blanks to the winner of that particular quarter.
Your numbers are pretty good 28-13 is a good example.....so don't go packing up those blanks just yet - unless you want to send them to me :)

Note: You are actually in the 2nd quarter (top left) so whoever wins that quarter is who you send blanks to.....

bobleibo

0-0 Hmmm. a low scoring game is what makes my team more likely to win, but I am pretty sure the 4th quarter is out of reach.

Don't lose hope just yet.......0-0 is the 4th most common winner for football pools. So many realistic combinations (I think Seattle will own the "zero" though - sorry)
0-0 no score
10-0 Denver 1 td, 1 fg, Seattle nothing
10-10 Denver 1 td, 1 fg, Seattle gets lucky
20-0 Denver 2 td's, 2 fg's, Seattle nothing
20-10 etc
20-20 etc

Last edited:

KenV

I do not see Ernie's name on the grid -- I like the idea of sending him a blank or few to encourage him to do this again.

His option on what he want to do with them -- use , pass on to one of the Pens-For-Troops Turner, Starter kits for new turners, etc.

Give me an address and I will send a few your way --

ericw95

You are correct in your description

I think I might get started finding a few blanks tonight! :biggrin: If only this was the CFL with the single point for kicking it into the endzone! :)

Your numbers are good for the end of any quarter. The quarter Ernie put you in is the group that you are in to send blanks to the winner of that particular quarter.
Your numbers are pretty good 28-13 is a good example.....so don't go packing up those blanks just yet - unless you want to send them to me :)

Note: You are actually in the 2nd quarter (top left) so whoever wins that quarter is who you send blanks to.....

Bob you are correct. You can win any quarter but you only send blanks to you winner of the quarter your name is in.

Quarters go lower left, to upper left, to upper right, and then lower right.

Lastly, number selection is not Ernie's fault - It's mine. Ernie sent me a private message asking for numbers so I sent him two IMs with two lists of numbers in random order. I never saw the grid which is obvious if you look at my numbers.

So yes I have a chance with my numbers but I will be packing up blanks because every year so far I have had the winning numbers for a quarter late and then someone scores within the last 30 seconds of the quarter.

I think I need Ernie to send me some Hooter's girls.

ericw95

Why?

Seattle 4 whoever the other team is 6. Should be interesting.

OK this is how it should go. No score until the 4th quarter. Seattle 2 td's, The other guys 2 fg's. Final score Seattle 14 to 6.

Why wouldn't you want this score at the end of the first quarter and then have a defensive battle with no score? You would then receive 99 packages.

bobleibo

Bob you are correct. You can win any quarter but you only send blanks to you winner of the quarter your name is in.

Quarters go lower left, to upper left, to upper right, and then lower right.

Lastly, number selection is not Ernie's fault - It's mine. Ernie sent me a private message asking for numbers so I sent him two IMs with two lists of numbers in random order. I never saw the grid which is obvious if you look at my numbers.

So yes I have a chance with my numbers but I will be packing up blanks because every year so far I have had the winning numbers for a quarter late and then someone scores within the last 30 seconds of the quarter.

I think I need Ernie to send me some Hooter's girls.

I'm familiar with how Ernie picks the squares people are in and am convinced it has something to do with those Hooters Girls he keeps to himself each year. Good luck with him sending any your way.....would you?

NittanyLion

Found this on odds:

Many people have asked us what the odds or probability of their Square numbers to win. While I'm no math wizard, there are plenty of people online that are and have done all the research, from breaking down all the NFL games since the start of the NFL, to breaking down the odds of winning numbers per quarter since the score gets higher as the game goes along. One thing I figure is that is that 0, 3, 4, 6 & 7 are the normal winning number, but let's look at the stats.

Below is a chart (supplied by caseyshead.com) showing 266 games that were played in the NFL during 2012-13 Season.

As we can see, the number combination that was most common was a square with a 7-0 combination, showing up 151 times out of the possible 1064 times. The number that had the highest win percentage overall was any combination with Zero.

If you want probabilities on Squares in just the Super Bowl, check these out:

Number: 0 (27.45%)
Number: 7 (20.92%)
Number: 3 (15.22%)
Number: 4 (10.33%)
Number: 6 (8.15%)
Number: 1 (5.71%)
Number: 9 (4.62%)
Number: 5 (2.72%)
Number: 8 (2.45%)
Number: 2 (2.45%)

Last edited: