Stay Tuned Raffle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkeithrussell

This raffle would get a lot more support if it were more visible. Can't it be moved to one of the pages that people normally view? It took me several minutes of searching to find it.

I'm going to buy some tickets after I get paid today.

bitshird

OK if this raffle brings in over 1500.00 I will as Skiprat would say, Slut the tool up bit, I'll engine turn the top, and engrave the winners name on the tool, in a choice of fonts. Now we ain't talking no easy to mess up laser engraving, We talking cut the metal engraving,
STAY TUNED​

akbar24601

OK if this raffle brings in over 1500.00 I will as Skiprat would say, Slut the tool up bit, I'll engine turn the top, and engrave the winners name on the tool, in a choice of fonts. Now we ain't talking no easy to mess up laser engraving, We talking cut the metal engraving,
STAY TUNED​

That is too sweet Ken!!! How awesome is that!!! I too am hoping that the raffle will hit 1500 or more. Perhaps I too will throw in something else...

...Stay Tuned!!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ticket Update

Update as of 6:10 PM Forum Time

SRB
mbroberg
Roddesigner
ROLLERBOB
usafvet98
Stolicky
Dalecamino
Buzzzz4
Skiprat
NewLondon88
1080Wayne
BRobbins629
randyrls
baileyr4
rmelton
Rodsaw
Oklahoman
JohnU
Penl8the
Dalecamino AGAIN!!
ESwindell
cutter
RDH79
gad5264
wracinowski
angboy
mrburls
danroggensee
ngeb528
broitblat

RAISED FOR SITE SUPPORT 765!!!!!

wdcav1952

This raffle would get a lot more support if it were more visible. Can't it be moved to one of the pages that people normally view? It took me several minutes of searching to find it.

I'm going to buy some tickets after I get paid today.

I have a sticky at the top of the Casual Conversation. It has a link to the raffle. Several members have also linked to the raffle when they have posted in various fora.

Perhaps it should have been in the Fund Raising Forum. I did not realize that I had Moderator Privileges in that forum until I had already started it in this forum. There is a link to the raffle in the Fund Raising Forum posted by Steve.

Short of posting a sticky thread at the top of every single forum, I am not sure what I can do to better advertise the raffle.

That said, suggestions to improve things here at the IAP are always welcome. If you have a idea for improving the coverage of the raffle, please post it here or send me a Private Message.

VisExp

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party. I've had a really busy week at work.

Thanks to all who have donated prizes. Steve, Dawn, Jeff (that Jeff), Jeff (the other Jeff), Ken and John. Your generosity and support for the forum is appreciated. That's a great set of prizes.

A special thanks to Cav for doing all the behind the scenes work on the raffle. Thank you Cav for your time!

Lastly, a very big thank you to all those members who have purchased tickets!!!! Thank you very much.

The blank I have donated is made from kiaat and aluminum. It is sized to fit the Jr. Gent/Statesman/Retro series. It has been drilled, tubed, squared and trued. Just needs to be put on the lathe and turned to final dimension. With careful assembly the design should line up regardless of whether the pen is capped or posted. I've attached a couple of pictures of a similar design made from mesquite.

Good luck to all and thanks again :biggrin:

Attachments

• JG-RB-R-0003.jpg
    JG-RB-R-0003.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 136
  • JG-FP-R-0005.jpg
    JG-FP-R-0005.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 140

wdcav1952

So Cav, I'm guessing this thread can't be just moved to another area?

Steve,

I don't think moving the thread is very practical. Also, I don't have the slightest clue as how it can be done. :redface:

I would ask you and anyone else who wishes to do so to post a link to the raffle thread whereever you post for the next few days.

wdcav1952

Update as of 3:00 PM Forum Time September 6th.

SRB
mbroberg
Roddesigner
ROLLERBOB
usafvet98
Stolicky
Dalecamino
Buzzzz4
Skiprat
NewLondon88
1080Wayne
BRobbins629
randyrls
baileyr4
rmelton
Rodsaw
Oklahoman
JohnU
Penl8the
Dalecamino AGAIN!!
ESwindell
cutter
RDH79
gad5264
wracinowski
angboy
mrburls
danroggensee
ngeb528
broitblat
jim15
randbcrafts
nava1uni
djwood1
PR_Princess

RAISED FOR SITE SUPPORT - $940.00!!!!!

Jim Smith

I'm in, payment sent via PayPal. What a great way to support this terrific site.

Thanks everyone for the gret prizes and for running this raffle.

Jim Smith

akbar24601

WOOHOO!!!!! So nice to see some activity here today! Thanks all so much for your support!!!

For those who haven't bought tickets, it's not too late. There are great prizes to be had and what a great way to say thanks to the IAP!

PR_Princess

STAY TUNED​

Woohoo!...Gettin' closer!!!! :tongue::cool:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
None so far!!

I have a sticky at the top of the Casual Conversation. It has a link to the raffle. Several members have also linked to the raffle when they have posted in various fora.

Perhaps it should have been in the Fund Raising Forum. I did not realize that I had Moderator Privileges in that forum until I had already started it in this forum. There is a link to the raffle in the Fund Raising Forum posted by Steve.

Short of posting a sticky thread at the top of every single forum, I am not sure what I can do to better advertise the raffle.

That said, suggestions to improve things here at the IAP are always welcome. If you have a idea for improving the coverage of the raffle, please post it here or send me a Private Message.

I've been watching!!!​

Looked up every couple days​

so where is the​

SKYWRITING!!!

Doesn't VisExp have any friends in the biz????​

(or did they all crash, trying to avoid skydivers??)​

akbar24601

OH YES, OH YES, OH YEEEEEESSSS!!!!!

We are definitely getting closer indeed. So, if the total raised for this raffle is $1500 or more, I will add another prize...

...Two blanks - One "Amphitheatrum" made of Sneezewood and veneer and one "Contrasting Leavez" made of Knob Thorn and veneers. This is one prize.

I am very excited about how this raffle is going and hoping that it can keep going strong for the remainder...just under one week! Thanks to everyone for their contributions!

Attachments

• Amphitheatrum and Contrasting Leavez Blanks.jpg
    Amphitheatrum and Contrasting Leavez Blanks.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 118

wdcav1952

Update as of 10:20 AM forum time September 7th.

SRB
mbroberg
Roddesigner
ROLLERBOB
usafvet98
Stolicky
Dalecamino
Buzzzz4
Skiprat
NewLondon88
1080Wayne
BRobbins629
randyrls
baileyr4
rmelton
Rodsaw
Oklahoman
JohnU
Penl8the
Dalecamino AGAIN!!
ESwindell
cutter
RDH79
gad5264
wracinowski
angboy
mrburls
danroggensee
ngeb528
broitblat
jim15
randbcrafts
nava1uni
djwood1
PR_Princess
Don Farr
Edman2
Darrin
jwsmiths
Tracker18
Monty
John Crane
ldb2000

TOTAL RAISED FOR SITE SUPPORT $1125.00!!!!

VisExp

I've been watching!!!​

Looked up every couple days​

so where is the​

SKYWRITING!!!

Doesn't VisExp have any friends in the biz????​

(or did they all crash, trying to avoid skydivers??)​

Here's your SKYWRITING Ed :biggrin: Is this the number you're looking to raise with the raffle?

Attachments

• 1998.jpg
    1998.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 137

akbar24601

Good point Charlie! That was my bad. I don't even think they had nice blue skies back then, at least they never are in any of the old movies I've seen.

ngeb528

**Bump**

This is a great raffle with great prizes & more prizes if a minimum of $1500 is raised and best of all, IAP will benefit. Get those wallets out and buy those raffle tickets!!!

Top Bottom