Stay Tuned Raffle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
We are starting a new fund raising raffle with some great prizes!

The usual rules apply:

Tickets are $5 for 1 and $25 for 6.

Buy tickets using my PayPal address: wcavanaugh1atcomcastdotnet (Replace the at and dot, of course.) Also do not forget the numeral 1 at the end of my name.

PUT YOUR USERNAME ON THE PAYPAL INVOICE

This raffle is PayPal only as there is not time enough to mail checks.
At the end of the raffle, I will pick winners using a random number generator.
Proceeds, minus PayPal fees, will go to site support.

PUT YOUR USERNAME ON THE PAYPAL INVOICE

Now for the prizes!!

The First Prize is two blanks, a 360 degree herringbone from Steve (akbar24601)
and Unraveled by Keith (VisExp)

The Second Prize is a $75 gift certificate from http://exoticblanks.com/ donated by our very own royalty, Dawn (PR_Princess)

The Third Prize is an amazing blank and finished pen box from Master Scroller Jeff (Workinforwood)

The Fourth Prize is a great carbide tool the Woodchuck from one of our machinists Ken (Bitshird)

The Fifth Prize is a selection of four amazing blanks by John (JohnU)

The Sixth Prize is a limited edition IAP 5th Anniversary Mug donated by Jeff (Jeff) {Yes, that Jeff!! :)

The Seventh Prize is a Resin Saver Mold donated by Charlie (NewLondon88) Winner can have their choice of a Gent, Jr Gent, Sierra, Cigar or Baron mold, shipping included.

The Eighth Prize is a Smoke Tree (Chittum Burl) Blank and a Jr Emperor Kit generously donated by Douglas Feehan (aka Douglas Feehan). :):wink:

The Ninth Prize is 36 1/2 ounce bottles of thin CA donated by Mannie (Monty) and the following assortment of Pendant Blanks - 5 each cocobolo, zebrawood, cherry, walnut and segmented walnut/cherry/maple pieces. Sizes are 1/4" thick and vary from 1 1/2" - 2" square donated by David (djwood1)

The Tenth Prize is two more blanks by Blank Artist Steve (akbar24601). They are named "Amphitheatrum" and "Contrasting Leavez".

The Eleventh Prize is another amazing Blank from Keith (VisExp). It is Jacaranda with green and yellow pinstripes drilled and tubed for the Jr Gent/Retro/Jr Statesman series of kits.

The prizes are listed in the order in which the winners will be drawn. I think all will agree that we have ELEVEN GRAND PRIZES!!!

Note: If the photos I post don't do justice to your blank, feel free to post a better photo. :redface:

Guys, please take a moment and describe your blanks. I don't want to leave anything out.

PayPal accepted starting right now. The event will end on September 12th at midnight forum time (GMT -4) Winners will be announced September 13th.

Take advantage of the opportunity to score some fantastic blanks and a very generous gift certificate! This is a raffle with nothing but First Prizes!!

DON'T FORGET TO PUT YOUR USERNAME ON THE PAYPAL INVOICE!!

By the way, people occasionally forget to put their username one the PayPal invoice! :biggrin:

Attachments

• Hon. Rosewood, Maple, Walnut HB 360.jpg
    Hon. Rosewood, Maple, Walnut HB 360.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 536
  • unravelled - kiaat and aluminum (1).jpg
    unravelled - kiaat and aluminum (1).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 487
  • Woodchuck-pen-pro.jpg
    Woodchuck-pen-pro.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 447
  • Cubebits blank and box.jpg
    Cubebits blank and box.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 406
  • Sierra Feather & Money.jpg
    Sierra Feather & Money.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 423
  • mug2.jpg
    mug2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 275
  • JGS4.jpg
    JGS4.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 328
  • SWEB4.jpg
    SWEB4.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 391
  • Jr Emperor Prize.JPG
    Jr Emperor Prize.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 361
  • Amphitheatrum and Contrasting Leavez Blanks.jpg
    Amphitheatrum and Contrasting Leavez Blanks.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 312
  • jacaranda with green and yellow veneers.jpg
    jacaranda with green and yellow veneers.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

Hello, Hello, Hello!!!!!

Thanks to all for the support so far!!!!!!

In addition to all of the wonderful prizes you have heard about so far, it is true! Jeff Powell(Workinforwood) has graciously added a magnificent prize as well. Jeff is offering his "Cube-bits blank and completely finished and lined matching case"!!! How SUPER COOL is that!!!!! it can be viewed here:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49891&referrerid=6461

It is the item at the top of the page.

The Herringbone blank is made of Honduran Rosewood, Maple and Walnut. It started out as 150 pieces all 1/8" thick.

As Cav has said, these are truly ALL first place prizes!!! I know that personally I would be pleased as punch to have any one of them!

This fundraiser is meant for a great cause. Let's help to support this fabulous forum where we all get to come together and share, learn, laugh and care! What a wonderful place indeed!!!

PR_Princess

Rollerbob

Dawn, spect I can answer that.............well,ya!!:biggrin: Now about winning, Cav will have to get back wiyh you on that!!:rolleyes: Really nice givaways for sure!!

wdcav1952

I'm in! Should this also be posted in the Fundraising forum as well? Just wondering.

Freddie,

You perhaps make a good point. I use this forum as I have Moderator permissions in it. I always announce and push the event on the CC forum. I hope everyone finds it.

There are already a pile of PayPal notices in my box. After I make a town run (payday was last night at midnight!) I will start a ticket buyer list.

BTW: :biggrin:

PLEASE PUT YOUR IAP USERNAME ON YOUR PAYPAL INVOICE!!!!

akbar24601

so does this mean there are 3 prizes now or did Jeff's get added to the other blanks?

Hi Hans! There are 3 distinct prizes now.

1st - Unraveled/360 HB blanks.

2nd - $75 GC to Exoticblanks.com

3rd - Cube-bits blank and box.

What an tremendous line up!!! Please know that they are only designated in place for clarity, as any one of these prizes is a WINNER!!!

wdcav1952

Ticket Buyer List

I will update the ticket list at least once a day and keep a running tally of the money raised. As pointed out, we have three distinct first prizes:

Prize One - 360 Blank / Unraveled Blank Steve and Keith Blank Artists.

Prize Two - $75 gift certificate from Exotic Blanks from PR Magician Dawn.

Prize Three - Cube-bits blank and completely finished and lined matching case from Scroll Saw Artist Jeff.

Ticket Buyer List:

SRB
mbroberg
Roddesigner
ROLLERBOB
usafvet98
Stolicky
Dalecamino
Buzzzz4
Skiprat
NewLondon88
1080Wayne
BRobbins629
randyrls
baileyr4
rmelton
Rodsaw
Oklahoman

Amount raised for site support: $490!!!

Last edited:

JohnU

Cav, I would like to donate another prize if you will have it. I would like to include some Sierra blanks: 3 feather blanks and 1 money collage blank. I'll get a pic posted tomorrow when I get home. I will also be sending you paypal for tickets. Thanks for the great opportunity.

akbar24601

WOW!!!!!!!! Off to a GREAT start!!!! Thanks to all for the support so far! This is very exciting and for such a great cause!

Cav, I would like to donate another prize if you will have it. I would like to include some Sierra blanks: 3 feather blanks and 1 money collage blank. I'll get a pic posted tomorrow when I get home. I will also be sending you paypal for tickets. Thanks for the great opportunity.

Very cool John! That is very generous of you and we more than welcome the additional support! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

wdcav1952

John, let me second what Steve posted. We can always use another Prize.

Post photos when you can, and if you will email them to me (my Paypal address is my email) and I will add the photo(s) to my original post.

Thanks for your generosity. The only bad thing about running these events is that I am ineligible for prizes. :frown: :)

Rollerbob

The generosity of this group always amazes me!!:wink: BTW, thanks for using all CAPS for my name, CAV........does that mean I won?:confused: Or do think I'm hard of reading?:smile-big::befuddled:

workinforwood

Right...a third prize. Be my pleasure. :)

A pattern version cube-bits blank with a matching completed and lined case to put your finished pen into.

Attachments

• conecasting 007.jpg
    conecasting 007.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 175

wdcav1952

Tiicket Update

As of 8:30 PM forum time here are the ticket totals:

SRB
mbroberg
Roddesigner
ROLLERBOB