Spring 2014 PITH Pairings & Teaser Photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nedge

FOG Choice

This is what I have chosen as a FOG piece.
DSC05540.JPG Prior to cutting it with my bandsaw.

DSC05544.JPG After.

Thanks
Ed

healeydays

Bummer, I missed this one and just was in Arizona and picked up all types of stuff off the ground. If someone has to back out, let me know and I'll step in for them...

Mike B

BSea

I have been in contact with both of my partners.

Here is The FOG I'm using for WOODWZRD's pen. It's a section of a fence post that was found by a friend of mine. It has a really interesting story. But that will have to wait till he receives the pen.

1_Spring_PITH_FOG.JPG

Jim Burr

Banned
Everyone contacted. Since we live in the high desert...I'm looking for some sand...or maybe a scavenged animal carcass :eek::wink:

Krash

I went out to do some FOG shopping in the field in front of my work. Scored some nice stuff with good color. It should make a cool pen!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 206

Hendu3270

Here's a teaser pic....

Small (baseball size) Oak burl that was lying in the middle of the street on our way home from Lowes a couple of weeks ago. This is as good a time as any to use it. It's pretty heavy so I'm thinking it won't be a crumbling mess inside, but we'll see....

Attachments

• Oak burl.jpg
    Oak burl.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 172
Pen is finished and ready to be in the mail tomorrow but I may have broken the rules because it is not a fog it a fow so if ROUNDER does not like it I have him ship it forward. Pictures and story to come after he receives it.

Hendu3270

Here's a teaser pic....

Small (baseball size) Oak burl that was lying in the middle of the street on our way home from Lowes a couple of weeks ago. This is as good a time as any to use it. It's pretty heavy so I'm thinking it won't be a crumbling mess inside, but we'll see....

Cutting this thing up revealed rock hard wood, but had cracks throughout. Pretty sure I can use it, but it will have some colored fills in the final pen, (which isn't neccesarily a bad thing).

mlconnelly

PITH Teaser

I had a pretty productive FOG hunting trip last weekend. There is bound to be a pen in here somewhere. All I have to do is cut away everything that doesn't look like a pen.

Attachments

• P5060446.jpg
    P5060446.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 185

toddlajoie

There's a lot of great FOG running around on this thread!!!

I want to remind everyone that you should be in contact with your partner by no later than the 12th...

I heard from a few people early on who had not been contacted yet, but urged them to hold tight as I had given everyone until the 12th to make contact.

At this time, if you have not heard from either or both of your PITH partners, please let me know immediately. I will give them a nudge and if they have not responded by the 12th they will be replaced with an alternate.

Cmiles1985

My FOG definitely came from a tree at one point. It may have been in my shed for a while, and is definitely something I have NOT seen posted anywhere here.

nascrdad

FOG Hunting

I may have found my FOG here today. Will check some more places tomorrow.

Attachments

• FOG Hunting.jpg
    FOG Hunting.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 195

woodwzrd

I have been in contact with both of my trade partner and have done some FOG hunting. My first trip out produced this... After a catastrophic failure with my stabilizing chamber today I may need to do some more FOG hunting for something a little more solid.

Attachments

• IMG_20140507_083116_043.jpg
    IMG_20140507_083116_043.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 124

Lathemaster

It finally fell out of the tree and on the ground in last night's thunderstorm. Now can I get creative in time. I think cutting drying and casting are in order.

Attachments

• IMG_20140515_105140 (640x475).jpg
    IMG_20140515_105140 (640x475).jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 163

plantman

I received my pen from greasythumb, The pen is well done. I can not wait to turn the blanks. thanks for a great pen, I really like the wood and pen style.

Thank You

Jim; Now that's a first for me ! A Cotton Stalk ?? Someone was doing a little hard thinking there !! Be sure to enter your photos and tweat in the thread made for this purpose only.
"Spring 2014 Pen Photos" by Toddlajoie, 5/12/2014. Jim S

Last edited:
Top Bottom