Spring 2014 PITH Pairings & Teaser Photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

PITH is in progress!

Looks like a simple segment but there is a surprise inside! Something I've been wanting to try for a while so I thought I'd give it a go for Don's pen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 159
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gofer

I would love to show some teaser pics but it would have to be a garbage can, that is where the first 6 blanks ended up ...... hopefully this one will last longer than the rest did. Just hope that I have enough shop time to finish it on time.

Bruce

ottotroll

Well, I made 1 out of non-wood trash.... I was afraid it might not be nice enough, so I made another out of a piece of driftwood that was under a bush for the past 25 years... should I send both?

toddlajoie

Just getting around to posting

Finally getting a chance to post some teasers for Dennis...

I thought I had found the perfect piece of wood just sitting on the ground, just the right size for a pen, but I couldn't lift it onto the roof rack, and I'm not sure it would have fit in the back of the PT Cruizer..

attachment.php

So I went to "Plan B" and looked around my firewood pile and saw this shy piece of wood peeking out from the leaves with a few of his mushroom buddies...

attachment.php

Wasn't sure what I would get out of it when I cut it open but it looks interesting enough...

attachment.php

It was still a little wet, so it spent some time in the oven (the wife LOVES it when I do that...) and it's sitting on the lathe as I type this getting a good CA coating...

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 306
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 302
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 294

denniszoomy

Finally getting a chance to post some teasers for Dennis...

I thought I had found the perfect piece of wood just sitting on the ground, just the right size for a pen, but I couldn't lift it onto the roof rack, and I'm not sure it would have fit in the back of the PT Cruizer..

attachment.php

So I went to "Plan B" and looked around my firewood pile and saw this shy piece of wood peeking out from the leaves with a few of his mushroom buddies...

attachment.php

Wasn't sure what I would get out of it when I cut it open but it looks interesting enough...

attachment.php

It was still a little wet, so it spent some time in the oven (the wife LOVES it when I do that...) and it's sitting on the lathe as I type this getting a good CA coating...

Can't wait to see how it turns out. My roommate tells me I can not backe my wood in the oven. But i come home and what does she have. Hers baking in the oven. LOL

Dennis

ottotroll

My Pen Arrived!

First, a big THANK YOU to kingkeyman.My pen is awesome. I feel honored to receive your first casting attempt - it is great! -
1) orange stripes from a Home Depot Bucket Lid
2) Blue stripes from a drywall mud bucket lid
3) Copper stripes from a copper pipe
4) Aluminum stripes from a piece of flashing
5) black stripes from some kind of ductwork connector
Inside casting is a Leinienkugel beer cap, over an aluminum foil background.
I also want to thank David especially for the "bowling ball blanks and pen kit - I turned it tonight, and my wife has already claimed it! (never heard of a scented bowling ball before I read one of your earlier posts...
I apologize for the bad pics, I will have my wife take some tomorrow...
http://s862.photobucket.com/user/ottotroll/media/20140527_193055.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

[URL="http://s862.photobucket.com/user/ottotroll/media/20140527_193055.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1"]http://s862.photobucket.com/user/ottotroll/media/20140527_193124.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0[/URL]
Here's what I found. Can't wait to see what comes out of this mess.

Last edited:

toddlajoie

Everyone should be getting close to wrapping your pens up if you have not already... If for some reason you cannot get your pen in the mail by this Saturday, PLEASE be in contact with your partner to let them know. For the most part this is not a problem, and I would expect most members to be OK with a slight delay, but communication to your partners goes a long way to easing their mind that you are working, and we all know that sometimes things come up...

toddlajoie

It's Wrap-Up Time

OK folks, we are at about a week past the date that you should have sent your partner their pen. Now we all know that things come up that cause delays, especially when we try something new, but the key to a good PITH is keeping your partner's informed in these situations.

IF YOU HAVE NOT SENT YOUR PEN AT THIS TIME, YOU MUST BE IN TOUCH WITH YOUR PARTNER INFORMING THEM OF THE DELAY AND GIVING THEM AN APPROXIMATE TIME YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHIP IT OUT!!!

If you have not received a package from your partner and have not been informed of the delay, please send them a message asking for a status update. If after a reasonable amount of time, you still do not hear from them. Let me know and I will follow up with them also.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this PITH. I hope you all had fun, met a couple new members, tried something new, and learned a bit along the way!!!

Don't forget to post photos in the photo thread also!!!!

-Todd

Top Bottom