Spring 2014 PITH Pairings & Teaser Photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Below are the pairings for the Spring 2014 PITH.

Please read at the bottom for an important note on the PITH and Theme!!

I grabbed 5 sets of random ordered numbers for sending and receiving, selected one of each, and applied them to the names. After trying 3 different sets and getting some sort of conflict each time (people paired with themselves, people sending and receiving from the same person, etc) I decided to just work with one of the sets and fix the conflict. The set I kept had 2 pairs of people who were set to send and receive from the same person, so I switched one of each with the other so nobody on the list is sending to the same person they are receiving from. This was the only change that was made to the random pairing. Please let me know if I missed something or there are any errors in this list as soon as possible.

In the interest of clarity, I would ask that each person send a PM to THE PERSON YOU WILL BE SENDING A PEN TO asking them for their shipping information, (name, address, etc). Please do not PM the person who is sending you a pen until you hear from them. I would like to have this first contact made NO LATER THAN MAY 12th!!!! If you have not heard from the person who is supposed to send you a pen by that date, Please contact me right away.

Pens should be IN THE MAIL no later than MAY 31st. Let your partner know when your package is being shipped so they know to look for it. If you cannot meet this deadline (we understand that things happen...) Please be in contact with your partner and myself letting us know that your pen will be delayed and approximately when you expect to be able to ship it. Please feel free to post teaser photos in this thread, but to keep things a surprise for your partner, don't post photos of the end results until after they have received it.

If at any time you find you will not be able to complete this PITH, please contact me immediately so I can find a substitute for your place on the list. Remember everyone is counting on everyone else to hold up their end to balance everything out.

There are 2 columns in this list. Please find your name in the LEFT column. You will send your pen to the name in the RIGHT column next to your name. (The arrow points in the direction the Pen should be traveling....)

When you find your name in the RIGHT column, you will receive a pen from the person in the LEFT column next to your name.

alankulwicki7 >>> plantman
BayouPenturner >>> Nedge
Bedangerous >>> log2lumber
billspenfactory >>> Rounder
bjbear76 >>> southernclay
Blackwood >>> CrimsonKeel
Brian G >>> USNR'03
BSea >>> Woodwzrd
ChrisN >>> jdmacdo
clieb91 >>> ChrisN
Cmiles1985 >>> statedclerk
CrimsonKeel >>> kovalcik
Darkshier >>> Nikitas
denniszoomy >>> Darkshier
edohmann >>> Waluy
glenspens >>> truckfixr
Gofer >>> BSea
greasythumb >>> BayouPenturner
hard hat >>> Hendu3270
Hendu3270 >>> Nick
its_virgil >>> Seer
JasonC >>> nascrdad
jcochrun >>> Krash
jdmacdo >>> Blackwood
jeweler53 >>> walshjp17
Jim Burr >>> Skeleton2014
jsolie >>> Swagopenturner
kingkeyman >>> ottotroll
kovalcik >>> Simply.Sylvia
Krash >>> its_virgil
ladycop322 >>> billspenfactory
Lathemaster >>> alankulwicki7
Leviblue >>> clieb91
log2lumber >>> JasonC
Mason Kuettel >>> jsolie
mjsix1 >>> Cmiles1985
mlconnelly >>> penmaker1967
mmyshrall >>> kingkeyman
nascrdad >>> Jim Burr
Nedge >>> Mason Kuettel
Nick >>> SMJ1957
Nikitas >>> Wheelman
ottotroll >>> hard hat
penmaker1967 >>> greasythumb
plantman >>> edohmann
Quality Pen >>> mjsix1
Rounder >>> Brian G
Seer >>> jcochrun
Simply.Sylvia >>> glenspens
Skeleton2014 >>> Leviblue
SMJ1957 >>> Quality Pen
southernclay >>> Gofer
statedclerk >>> ladycop322
SteveG >>> Lathemaster
Swagopenturner >>> mlconnelly
toddlajoie >>> denniszoomy
truckfixr >>> jeweler53
USNR'03 >>> WHSKYrvr1
walshjp17 >>> SteveG
Waluy >>> bjbear76
Wheelman >>> Bedangerous
WHSKYrvr1 >>> toddlajoie
Woodwzrd >>> mmyshrall

PLEASE READ: I was asked for some clarification on the theme for this PITH:

The theme for this PITH will be FOG (Found-On-Ground), materials. Check your firewood pile, watch the side of the road as you drive to work, go for a walk in the woods and pick up a stick, try and use something that would not have been considered a "pen blank". For those of you interested in not working with wood, look around your house for things you may not have thought of making a pen from and see what you can do. Old tires, that flat football that's been around for years, broken tools, roofing shingles, be creative and open minded!!! I would like to see the VAST MAJORITY of the materials used meet these guidelines, so if you do a segmented blank, keep in mind the materials you use for the segmenting and keep them to the theme whenever possible. For those of you who do your own casting, that's fine also, but remember that your resins, dyes, etc. were purchased for pen use, so their use should be minimized as much as possible so the FOG material is the highlight.

Clear Casting is ABSOLUTELY allowed, Color Casting would be fine also, as long as the FOG materials are still dominant in the end results. Segmenting is cool, if they are FOG too, FANTASTIC!! An important note here is that this is a PITH, NOT a Birthday Bash Contest. There is no penalties or disqualifications for going out of bounds.

Here are the rules in order of importance:

1. Have fun
  2. Meet a couple of new people
  3. Be proud of what you create
  4. Learn something along the way
  5. Do your best within the theme if possible

Now let's go find some cool stuff to make a pen!!!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Here's my teaser

I went fog hunting this weekend. I'm sure there's a pen in here somewhere.
Now if I can just find it .....

Attachments

• FOG Hunt.jpg
    FOG Hunt.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 238

JasonC

This is my first PITH - looking forward to it.

Picked up some Kiawe and cut it up. Here's one of the three blanks I've cut so far. May or may not use it. Will have to see what else I can dig up.

10154924_4261100383032_8496538710669217131_n.jpg

southernclay

Message sent....teaser, if I can pull off my idea...no pic....not wood, can be found in a box, on the ground as well as dark places...can be fun, can be dangerous :biggrin:

mmyshrall

Contact made with both sender and receiver. I will be out of town from 05/21/2014 - 06/02/2014 so I will make sure that I mail to the receiver before 05/20/2014 and I have notified sender.

Thanks for getting this going, Todd!

Michael

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Contact made with both of my new PITH buddies.
Now to see what kind of blanks I can make out of that fog pile.

denniszoomy

PMed my Recipent. Threw me off I am so used to make a pen for the same person who is making me one. So I f I find a BIC pen on the ground that will solve my problem of what to make. LOL

Dennis

JasonC

Still searching...

Found something here...
10293618_4271289397751_2557328890817360770_o.jpg

And saw a crew cutting a Banyan Tree. Saved some pieces from the chipper.
10308349_4271405040642_1273967863993882563_n.jpg

10275936_4271405240647_1968808704832029568_n.jpg

At another close spot I found this...
1526861_4271530843787_4772852569064533931_n.jpg

Next to it was this. :biggrin:
10169421_4271534763885_1151227084416925170_n.jpg

This PITH has corrupted me. I spent a large part of the morning scavenging. :laugh:

toddlajoie

This may be a silly question but do we send one to both?

No, You send a pen to the person who is to the RIGHT of your name. Go down the list to the line where your name is first, and you send a pen to the person listed after your name... This list is sorted alphabetically

When you find the line with your name on the RIGHT, you will receive a pen from the person to the left of your name.

So in the following example:

Bobbie >>> Sarah
Sarah >>> Benji
Benji >>> Bobby

Bobbie sends a pen to Sarah
Sarah sends a pen to Benji
Benji sends a pen to Bobbie

and in the end Bobbie, Sarah, and Benji are all happy campers...:biggrin:

plantman

Contact made with both of my new PITH buddies.
Now to see what kind of blanks I can make out of that fog pile.

Sorry ED, there may be a few days delay in getting your pen out. I thought the theme was FROG !! Will have to scrap this pen and find some other material for yours, however, I did find it on the ground next to the pond. I think that counts, doesn't it ???? :rotfl::rotfl: Jim S

Last edited:

Nick

2014 pith

Made contact has been made with my partner and he with me,so we are good to go.
Thanks for putting this together.
Nick

Top Bottom