Spring 2014 Pen Photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I received my PITH pen by Jsolie the other day and was I impressed! He made a Chrome Cigar with a Exotic Blanks Earth and looks alot better than my poor photo. He also sent some cocobolo, bocote, buckeye burl, and one of his own creations! What a haul!

Attachments

• IMG_4566.jpg
    IMG_4566.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 139
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

denniszoomy

I received my pen from denniszoomy yesterday! It is a beautiful Pesimo made from Red Fur bark and Alumalite. He also sent six blanks one of which is wood from Alameda Naval Air station in California. As I'm about to start experimenting with with casting blanks I'm very excited about the RoseArt Medium Point stick pen!

I am glad you liked the pen it was wuite a challenge with the red fur bark. It is very soft and does not stabalize well.

Dennis

jsolie

Glad everything arrived safe & sound. That box was giving me fits trying to get all that in there. I deemed that practice for when I get the Pass It Forward box sometime later this year.

I really need to get my photo stuff set up to take a pic of the beautiful Sierra pen I received from Mason.

I received my PITH pen by Jsolie the other day and was I impressed! He made a Chrome Cigar with a Exotic Blanks Earth and looks alot better than my poor photo. He also sent some cocobolo, bocote, buckeye burl, and one of his own creations! What a haul!

toddlajoie

OK, I know a couple people are still waiting for their partners to complete and ship their pens, but they are in touch with each other so all is good on that front. If there is anyone out there still waiting who has not been in touch, please let me know by PM RIGHT AWAY.

I'd also like to remind everyone to post pics, (whatever you are able to do is fine...) so that everyone can see what your partner did for you. If you are unable to post photos, please let your partner know that it is OK for them to do so. Many people would love to see their work on display, but don't want to step on their partners toes by posting it instead...

Gofer

First I have to say sorry to Warren (southern clay) for not getting pics posted sooner. I have been using my pen for a week and a half now and have had to say NO to a couple friends that wanted to make it theirs.

It is a Gold Ti Le Roi paired with a once fired .410 shell. He told me he ran into a few challanges in making me this beauty but he did a fantastic job as far as I am concerned. My pics leave a lot to be desired but here a couple of quick shots for everyone to have a look.

IMG_3347.JPG
IMG_3348.jpg

Thanks for playing along in the fun everyone.

Bruce

Skeleton2014

Thanks Jim Burr!... Spring PITH 2014

Sorry it's taken so long to post what Jim sent me but, here's what I got:
From l to r, .30 caliber twist with a deer antler cap; a steam punk, cast in PR on a copper Sierra EB. He graciously sent me 6 blanks (white birch burl, Aussi dunnowood, stabilized buckeye burl, manzanita, a cool casting, and a cherry burl)... I attempted my second segmented out of the dunnowood and casting in the last pic.
Finally, we talked on the phone for a long time where Jim gave me about 2 pages of notes on pen projects that will keep me busy for the next couple of years! Thanks again, Jim
Jeff

Attachments

• Jim-Burr-3.jpg
    Jim-Burr-3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Jim-Burr-4.jpg
    Jim-Burr-4.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Jim-Burr.jpg
    Jim-Burr.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Jim-Burr-2.jpg
    Jim-Burr-2.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 99

Mason Kuettel

Photos that are long overdue

First, I would like to publicly apologize to Ed (Nedge) for not posting these photos sooner. Without going into great detail, a new job, growing kids, and just plain "life" has gotten in the way of my penturning hobby/job/addiction over the past year. I promised some pictures that never came so here they are!

Ed made the pen and stand from pallet wood that was FOG. I believe he told me it was from India and he does not know the species but it turned very well. It has held up to my occasional use (while always displayed in my room, my PITH pens do not get used all the time) and has kept a nice finish with Ed's homemade finish and Mylands friction polish.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I would like to thank Ed for the beautiful pen and his patience with me. I hope to be more involved again in the next few weeks so i can get back up to speed with the new adventures in turning!

Attachments

• PITH 2014 Spring.jpg
    PITH 2014 Spring.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 139
  • PITH 2014 spring Stand.jpg
    PITH 2014 spring Stand.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 134
Top Bottom