Sign - Ups: The First 2014 Birthday Bash Activity!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
The first activity of the 2014 Birthday Bash will be a Collaborative Creative Competition! The finishing touches are being put on the procedures and rules which will govern this competition. They will be posted in a day or so. I can tell you that based on the feedback I received from the previous CCC the teams for this Competition will consist of 3 members. Teams will have 8 months to construct their pen and have it shipped to (received by) the Activities Manager, and the winners will be chosen by member vote. Voting will take place during the first week of the 2014 Birthday Bash. Prizes are yet to be determined but will be awarded to all three members of the winning teams.

Sign-ups begin in this thread now and will close on April 30, 2013. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Last edited:

mbroberg

If any of you were waiting for the rules to be posted before jumping in, they are up now. I placed a couple links to the rules in this thread. See the first post or post #14.

mbroberg

We could use some more players. This is a good opportunity for turners of any skill level to challenge themselves with the support of a couple of teammates.

Sent from my DROID4 using Forum Runner

mbroberg

To date we have 16 people signed up, plus one who will be eligible to participate once their Personal Profile is completed. (For those keeping count, we had one withdraw due to a shift in professional responsibilities.)

If you are considering entering go ahead and do so. You'll probably be sorry if you don't. This is a fun and challenging activity that allows you to have direct interaction with the other IAP members who are a part of your team. This is an opportunity to learn new skills and to teach others what you know. All experience levels are encouraged to participate.

mbroberg

We have 20 entrants so far.

vango5d-------Don Vann-------------Porter, TX

Brooks803----Jonathon Brooks -----Aiken, SC

Buzzzz 4------Eric Beuker-----------Grand Rapids, MI

JustmeinMS---Brian Anderson-------Brookhaven, MS

SMJ1957------Stephen Johnson-----Grand Junction, CO

Luke Putman---Luke Putman---------San Antonio, TX

firewhatfire-----Phil Morris------------Columbiana, AL

SerenityWoodWorks---Jason Emory--Hopkins SC

Wraith----------Brian Wagner---------Cary, NC

Glenn McCullough--Glenn McCullough--Chesterfield, MI

walshjp17--John Walsh-------------Weddington, NC

BSea ------------Bob Dupras--------Little Rock, AR

Waluy--------Steve "Wally" Beavers-----Olathe, KS

jmbaker79-----Justin Baker-----Raleigh, NC

monark88 -----Russ Darr-----Portland, OR

Mr Vic-----Vic Vickers -----Falcon, CO

DaveTTC-----DaveTTC Walters-----Jerilderie, NSW, Australia

RichF -----Rich Ficken-----Mount Laurel, NJ

Dan Mullen-----Dan Mullen-----Gatesville, TX

Nikitas-----Brian Nikitas-----Hampton, VA

Idea....might fly..might not....how about instead of random draw, you actually make the teams "region teams" Like the Texas Team, the England Team..ect...This would make it were you might promote people getting togather and working on it in person rather than just shipping back and forth...Like I said..might fly might not.

Top Bottom