Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Im in.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• 563713572c.jpg
    563713572c.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 209
Thank you for joining in. If you can't take and post a picture don't let that stop you from signing up. Also we have someone who is getting deployed so I may ask one of you to swap early.

Sent from my phone using some program

Stuarta

I am kind of late for September. What's the theme for October?

What does PITH mean?

Last edited:
You're not too late for this one. This time around we are making the pens then picking the names. The theme is the Nebraska flag or pine. Make a pen post a picture and you're in.

Just a reminder that if for some reason you can't post a teaser picture just send me a PM that you're pen is done and write a post in the thread explaining it. So far we only have about 5 people participating and 11 days left.

Waluy

I am HOPING that my order with the parts for this month comes in within the next day or two so I can get it done and get a picture taken and posted. So far it seems like USPS likes my order and doesn't want to give it up.

Alzey

I'm in. Just finished my pen after putting new bearings and a new belt in my lathe. The pen is made from a pine board I recovered from my Grandfather's carpentry shop. My best guess is this board had been in the shop since the 70s ( maybe longer). The picture is of the end grain from the pen cut off. To see the size of the grain, I placed a 7 mm bushing on top.

Attachments

• image-3867436673.jpg
    image-3867436673.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 134

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I'll play. Here's a bad teaser

ForumRunner_20130921_183901.png

pic of the pen. Its a pine blank with what I've called a "twist" to it based on the part of the blank you can't see.

penmaker1967

mine pen is done and because i dont have a camera right now here is what my pen is about. it is a gold metal trim line dressed in a 120 year old pine. the board came from my grandpas old barn that he built in the 1920's according to my dad. it is a very pretty pen at least i think it is is have 10 coats of poily and turtle wax for finger print protection. it is ready to go anytime now. hope the person who recives it likesit as much as i do.

Ladies and gentlemen,
So far at best we have 6 people signed up for this months PITH. There is only 6 days left before we pick partners. Is this all the people that want to participate this time around?

Beedeejay

Ladies and gentlemen,
So far at best we have 6 people signed up for this months PITH. There is only 6 days left before we pick partners. Is this all the people that want to participate this time around?

I won't be able to participate in this one, due to a couple of different reasons but I will be looking forward to the next one

Cheers Ben,

ve3bax

i glued up attempt number two today... if it holds up im in... if it blows up? well... i tried :) fingers crossed that it works though! I love a good PITH trade!

--Dave

At this point you would be the first. However, most people on this side of the water like to trade pens with people from other continents. Three days to go and we still have room.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Waluy

Well
Attempt 1: Shattered while sanding no clue how that happened.
Attempt 2: Huge tear out when down to final size ready for sanding.
Attempt 3: Something strange happened drill bit came out the side.
Attempt 4: I must have been getting frustrated or distracted because I turned it all the way to the tube, nice and smooth all the way down

So it looks like I am out this time as there is not enough time left to get more blanks.

Final score Antique Long Leaf Pine 4 : Steve 0.

Top Bottom